Stolen Pixels #195: Breen Fortress, Part 1

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
Damn. If he could make Teddy Roosevelt, the man who killed his own asthma with hard work, determination, and his two bare hands, then Saxton Hale is definitely not going to be in Stolen Pixels anytime soon.

Also, yay for Administrator.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Shamus Young said:
No, I can't have Saxton Hale on the show. I considered it, but he sent me a letter threatening that he would stop being a fictional character long enough to deliver me "a beating devastating enough to make Ted Roosevelt put on a dress and cry himself to sleep". I think he was serious.
You know he'll do it too... Probably after barrel rolling through your window straight out of a free fall sky drop.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
OoooOOOOOoooo. I am intrigued! Does our favorite megalomaniacal dictator/talk show host have what it takes to stand up to our favorite megalomaniacal announcer? I'll be tuning in to find out!

newbienator said:
But you could have him parachuting and crashing through the windows and beating up waves of EVERY CREATURE TO EVER WALK THIS GREEN EARTH...
There, I spruced that up for you.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
I have to admit, thats a very well made announcer skin/model/ragdoll...

Anyway, this should be an interesting week for breen.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I considered it, but he sent me a letter threatening that he would stop being a fictional character long enough to deliver me "a beating devastating enough to make Ted Roosevelt put on a dress and cry himself to sleep".
Brilliant.

But yeah...if I ever meet Ellen Mclain, and she says something to me, I'm going to need therapy for years.
Word, man, word. She is on my top three list of celebrities who I will lose all control once I hear their voice in person.

Feb 13, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
I considered it, but he sent me a letter threatening that he would stop being a fictional character long enough to deliver me "a beating devastating enough to make Ted Roosevelt put on a dress and cry himself to sleep".
Brilliant.

But yeah...if I ever meet Ellen Mclain, and she says something to me, I'm going to need therapy for years.
Word, man, word. She is on my top three list of celebrities who I will lose all control once I hear their voice in person.
I've met quite a few celebs in my time, but it's the voice ones that get me. You see Carrie Fisher and it's "Oh look, it's Princess Leia", but when you hear someone like Richard Briars, your mind can't accept your in the same room as this voice, and you drop into repetition.

Especially if it's a voice actor whose appearance doesn't suggest the voice, take a look at the "cast" of Vice City:

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
You've heard of so bad it's good? This comic is so awesome that it's AWESOME.

Also, you captured the character of Saxton Hale perfectly...and you didn't even have to show him!

PS: Where'd you get the model for the announcer? Or is it home-made?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I've met quite a few celebs in my time, but it's the voice ones that get me. You see Carrie Fisher and it's "Oh look, it's Princess Leia", but when you hear someone like Richard Briars, your mind can't accept your in the same room as this voice, and you drop into repetition.

Especially if it's a voice actor whose appearance doesn't suggest the voice, take a look at the "cast" of Vice City:
I had all that cast nailed down easy without much thinking until I realized who Ken Rosenberg was. Up to then all I had seen of William Fichtner had been rather mellow guys. I didn't even believe it when I saw it. And when he came back for San Andreas with all that we loved of good ol' Ken, it was like getting two cherries on a sundae. :D
It is rather a geekgasm seeing all those celebs in one room there just yacking it up like it was a frat house. Thanks for that!

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
Going from manipulating people into killing each other for her entertainment to a nighttime television show producer, easily much more of a frightening and melevelant choice