Stolen Pixels #226: Chime Chime Chime

Lightslei

Feb 18, 2010
Heh. If I could get Steam to work at school, I'd probably be at the campus center playing it. Bought it before this but really just haven't had time.

As for the person who doesn't get it:
Sometimes simplicity sells, and you don't need beautiful landscapes, especially when you can play simple games when you're tired still.

(Yes, I just partially defended casual games, sue me, I still wish for the eternal damnation of Zynga)

Brgl

Sep 17, 2010
After reading this, I wanted to try out this game, but the producer doees not seem to be interested in actually selling it for PCs.

Finding the homepage was easy enough, but there is absolutely no link to buy. Nor to download a demo. Or anything really. There are videos, screenshots, a "how to play", and a big "play it now" banner but that only leads to an xbox store.
There is a single line of text "Chime available for PC 6th Sept 2010" which would imply it is available for pc too, but no hint how to get it.

I have spent ten minutes clicking through all the options in the store, I am giving up now.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Brgl said:
After reading this, I wanted to try out this game, but the producer doees not seem to be interested in actually selling it for PCs.

Finding the homepage was easy enough, but there is absolutely no link to buy. Nor to download a demo. Or anything really. There are videos, screenshots, a "how to play", and a big "play it now" banner but that only leads to an xbox store.
There is a single line of text "Chime available for PC 6th Sept 2010" which would imply it is available for pc too, but no hint how to get it.

I have spent ten minutes clicking through all the options in the store, I am giving up now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/62100/ [http://store.steampowered.com/app/62100/] may help. Not sure if you can get it elsewhere. Haven't checked, because I already got it through Steam.

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
Masturbation aid for the left hemisphere of your brain/
You just became at least a mior deity in my eyes for that comment.
As for Chime itself, it looks pretty cool.

Isaac The Grape

Apr 27, 2010
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME

AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME

AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
NOW NOW NOW!

Chime is but a paaahnd on Steam til tomorrow! (or 5 quarters or a euro I think), and it's soo worth more!

Even a small charity donation included!

The only thing I don't get, Phil Hartnol of Orbital involved, it's called Chime, and they don't include Orbital's most famous track ever? Chime?

Just a side note on a 20 year old track, I'm not knocking em, I love Orbital, but...isn't it kinda funny to watch them not only 'performing live' yet only reaching forward a couple of times a minute to adjust a slider, but also that they were forced to 'mime' on Top of the Pops anyway.

you've pretty much programmed the whole track into the keyboard, yet, they make you pretend in silence for 2 minutes instead.