Stolen Pixels #37: Part One of Infinity

Carra

Sep 11, 2008
Ugh, they cancelled the Riddick sequel? It has a two in its name!

Damn bad, the original game was a really great shooter!

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
If they get return on investment (which they would), who cares if it doesn't outsell the next call of duty or whatever? It's not like they've lost money : P

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
:(... so.. no tenacious d game? :( sorry thats what the game looks to me, and i dont mean that in a bad way, have you ever heard wonderboy? or tribute? ... i wonder how the soundtrack would be? :(

Hirvox

Feb 4, 2008
Blizzard is in no danger. The MMO genre in general thrives on "more of the same", and the whole company was already based on sequels before WoW. Sure, they did make games like Rock n' Roll Racing and Lost Vikings, but now there's only the Big Three: Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft. Their whole upcoming game catalogue is sequels: Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and WoW: Wrath of the Lich King.

emptyother

Feb 12, 2008
No.. Brutal Legend canceled? Could someone please place the one who did this in front of my foot? I want to kick him in the shin repeatedly.

Feb 13, 2008
Shamus Young said:
I'm really glad that Ghostbusters lives again.
There's sort of an oxymoron there....

What can we, the public, do?

Simply not buy any sequels. Ever.

Give Atari all of our money and say "Up yours" to EA and Activision. They will learn. Oh yes, they will learn.

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
Carra said:
Ugh, they cancelled the Riddick sequel? It has a two in its name!

Damn bad, the original game was a really great shooter!
Actually it's merely a rerelease of the original with some extra stuff...which makes me wonder why it has been taking so long.

Also, technically the titles weren't cancelled. Double Fine is still working on Brutal Legend, they just lost their publisher.

PlasticPorter

Aug 27, 2008
WTF!?!?!?!

Ok thats it, I say everyone here needs to boycott these bastards.
I mean brutal legend was gonna be so sick godammit!
Fuck you Activision, fuck you sideways!

ckeymel

Jun 24, 2008
ccesarano said:
I'm hoping the fact that it is Tim Schaffer, a man that many in the industry have fond memories of, and the fact that it has big names like Jack Black and...well, Ronnie James Dio isn't exactly a big name, but you get the idea..
Woah woah woah... DIO is a HUGE name! I heart that tiny little man and his big sword. Dio is a metal god and anyone who wants to buy this game should know him!

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
ccesarano said:
I'm hoping the fact that it is Tim Schaffer, a man that many in the industry have fond memories of, and the fact that it has big names like Jack Black and...well, Ronnie James Dio isn't exactly a big name, but you get the idea.
Ronnie James Dio not a big name ?
let me be unpleasant, but you must have no idea of the history of rock and heavy metal to say this, given his influence and the quality of his records... Either that, or you're 16 (not you specifically, but you catch my drift).
Do you know the song Love is All from Roger's Glover Butterfly's Ball ?
He is the singer on this song, for instance.
Holy Diver ? probably one of the best classic heavy metal albums

Otherwise, good job Shamus, I think it sums it up perfectly, just liek when you take the piss on EA.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
Cyclomega post=6.76268.918560 said:
ccesarano said:
I'm hoping the fact that it is Tim Schaffer, a man that many in the industry have fond memories of, and the fact that it has big names like Jack Black and...well, Ronnie James Dio isn't exactly a big name, but you get the idea.
Ronnie James Dio not a big name ?
let me be unpleasant, but you must have no idea of the history of rock and heavy metal to say this, given his influence and the quality of his records... Either that, or you're 16 (not you specifically, but you catch my drift).
Do you know the song Love is All from Roger's Glover Butterfly's Ball ?
He is the singer on this song, for instance.
Holy Diver ? probably one of the best classic heavy metal albums

Otherwise, good job Shamus, I think it sums it up perfectly, just liek when you take the piss on EA.
You tell them!

Personally I think it will be quite easy to boycott ea, I dont play sports games anyway!

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
Last time I bought an EA game it was second-hand, so I have no shame in owning EA games, I even plan on getting a used copy of Army of Two to play with a friend.
In fact, 85 to 90% of my video games are used.

I am so evil I am sure the VG industry sekritly dreams of hiring a hitman to get rid of unpaying scums like me...

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I'm afraid with the Blizzard deal, Activision totally has most of you by the balls, how many of you would be willing to tell Activision to fuck off when they control your intake of Diablo and Starcraft.

Feb 13, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
I'm afraid with the Blizzard deal, Activision totally has most of you by the balls, how many of you would be willing to tell Activision to fuck off when they control your intake of Diablo and Starcraft.
*puts hand up* I stand up for my right to moan. :)

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
I don't play Diablo or Starcraft, but stand up and fight and I'll stand up with you.

And I am perfectly comfortable with the campiness of this statement.

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
This would be funny if it weren't so shockingly true. I mean, people always joke about game execs being money-grubbing idiots who would rather push the same recycled crap year after year rather than try something new, but Activision actually came out and said it.

Ell Jay

Jun 3, 2009
I can't believe I've read this three times and only just noticed "The Shindling." It was funny before, but that subtitle really makes the whole thing shine! LOL and so forth...

RouxBelle

May 24, 2009
ckeymel said:
ccesarano said:
I'm hoping the fact that it is Tim Schaffer, a man that many in the industry have fond memories of, and the fact that it has big names like Jack Black and...well, Ronnie James Dio isn't exactly a big name, but you get the idea..
Woah woah woah... DIO is a HUGE name! I heart that tiny little man and his big sword. Dio is a metal god and anyone who wants to buy this game should know him!
i totally agree..Dio is one of my heroes...and those who do not know who he is shouldn't play this game..instead...they should go listen to a Dio album :)