Stolen Pixels #72: Idle Hands

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #72: Idle Hands

Saints Row 2 is a wide open sandbox game that lets you do all sorts of fun and stupid things. Which, oddly enough, is kind of the problem.

Read Full Article

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I have to admit, I laughed. Yeah, Saints row 2 does sort of overwhelm you with minigames from the start so that you end up finding them alittle too munidane.

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
Saint's Row 2 was a great game, I loved all the minigames and how they sort of took a humorous approach to it... GTA got a little too full of itself if you ask me, and the story was too preachy...

Funny comic, but you should've customized your character :p

My girl looked more like the clown from Spawn.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Well, I liked GTA 4 as well, they just have different styles, to me. GTA 4 is more serious and sacarstic. Saints Row (1 and 2) where simple and fun, but the characters in Saint's Row are too much like Frat-boy fuckwats for me to really like them.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
KamikazeSailor said:
Saint's Row 2 was a great game, I loved all the minigames and how they sort of took a humorous approach to it... GTA got a little too full of itself if you ask me, and the story was too preachy...

Funny comic, but you should've customized your character :p

My girl looked more like the clown from Spawn.
Agreed on GTA.

On my REAL play-through I was a middle aged British dude, but I went to the magic surgeon and changed to the default guy to make him a little more universally recognizable for the comic.

Scarlet Knight

Mar 6, 2009
Shamus Young said:
On my REAL play-through I was a middle aged British dude, but I went to the magic surgeon and changed to the default guy to make him a little more universally recognizable for the comic.
Funny, now when I re-read the comic, the guys have British accents, ...ok, one did & the other had a Scottish accent.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Scarlet Knight said:
Shamus Young said:
Funny, now when I re-read the comic, the guys have British accents, ...ok, one did & the other had a Scottish accent.
Well, the guy I had spoke in Aussie. I think there is an option to pick a 'character' for the voices.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Saphatorael said:
Anyone noticed yet that the copyright thing at the bottom still says 2008? Have you been holding back comics, Shamus?
Ah. The dangers of copy&paste.

Yeah. I should fix that.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Doug said:
Well, the guy I had spoke in Aussie. I think there is an option to pick a 'character' for the voices.
And that was why my character was the TF2 Sniper. That made the game so much more fun!

Drachknouir

Mar 11, 2009
I had fun with this game though I don't think it was worth paying full price for. beet it in 30 hr then all I had left was the sand box and that's only entertaining with friends.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
Great. Just Great. Now I have to go through all the trouble of putting Saints Row 2 in my console, TURNING IT ON and having fun! I hope your happy

Orzene

Nov 28, 2008
I played GTA 4 for a while, cheated my ass off, and then had my friend pick me up in a helicopter off the tip of a construction crane. Then we bought Saints Row 2, and then several weeks went by without my knowledge... <.<