Stolen Pixels #8: Just Between us Girls

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Lorechaser said:
My wife has told me I'm not allowed to refer to *anything* as a milkshake any more, so I was especially amused to see that line.
What, not even actual milkshakes?

Feb 13, 2008
Whilst I think Shamus is mostly right, I think there's a little bit of a power trip from having a hot avatar that might tilt the balance slightly.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Andraste said:
DrDrizzew said:
Ok, fine, call me a geek for this, but this comic clearly doesn't take place in Goldshire. I'm just saying.
I no rite?! There are no columns like that in Goldshire.

/Nerdsigh
I don't think it's supposed to be set in Goldshire. It's evidenced by the line "and that one time when we went to Goldshire and... OMG why?" Shamus just has to explain the place reference to all of us who don't play a certain bright and colorful RTS-turned-RPG.

slyder35

Jan 16, 2008
Not all female toons have RL guys steering them. I'm quite sure that around 5% have legitimate 13yr old girls driving them. Or so their mastery of the English language leads me to believe. To me, that is even scarier than getting it on with another bloke, mostly because it can land you in prison.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
If I want to be an Alliance Druid, I have to be a Nelf. Male Night Elves just look silly.

Hence, female Nelf Druid. To bring the sexy along with my male Troll Mage.

Trolls are just made of win.

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
ccesarano said:
I'm just tired of the trite excuse "if I'm going to be staring at an ass..." excuse. I'm fine with having reasons to play a chick, but at some point there are just excuses. If you want to look at a scantily clad female the whole time, just say it. "I have a massive libido that I cannot shut off!". That's not an excuse, that's a reason.

I mean, seriously, you didn't play with Barbie as a child because "if I'm going to be staring at a plastic model, it may as well have big boobs". I mean, come on.

Some people want to look at something hot. Some people want to experiment in a fantasy environment. Some people just want to explore role-playing (which can get creepy if taken too far). But, for the most part, most people just have a wild libido and feel the need to justify it with a trite term that sounds retarded.
Isn't wanting to look at scantily clad women basically saying the same thing as I want to stare at a nice ass for the game, also a good reason for not playing with barbies instead of GI Joe is as a kid you don't care about women.