Stolen Pixels #98: Left 4 Dumb, Part 16

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
packbat said:
You know, technically, if you shove the Tank with a melee attack, the computer will turn it on you.

Just sayin'.
I've unloaded into a tank and then used melee in any crazy effort to help the poor survivor the tank's fixated on to no avail. So that's not a 100% tactic. Ain't saying its not true though.
And Reaper FTW! Even if it goes "DONK"

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
samsonguy920 said:
packbat said:
You know, technically, if you shove the Tank with a melee attack, the computer will turn it on you.

Just sayin'.
I've unloaded into a tank and then used melee in any crazy effort to help the poor survivor the tank's fixated on to no avail. So that's not a 100% tactic. Ain't saying its not true though.
You have to melee it twice, in between the time of the first smack and the second smack, he can kill your team-mate though.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Me like very much yes

*cough* Finals are frying my brain sorry

I knew the Reaper was gonna kill the beast!

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
wilsonscrazybed said:
Shamus Young said:
Left 4 Dead's flaming tank is a metaphor for life, really.
I thought it was BoC's advice not to fear the reaper [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdXfkkyI1nQ].
It's actually a mistranlation of Don't Fear the Tank If You Have The Reaper

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
wilsonscrazybed said:
Shamus Young said:
I thought it was BoC's advice not to fear the reaper [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdXfkkyI1nQ].
Dammit, you stole my awesome! Confound you, sir!

Confound you!

Kross said:
Scientific progress goes... Boink?
Perhaps, but the advancement of awesome obviously goes "Donk".

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
ThePoodonkis said:
wilsonscrazybed said:
ThePoodonkis said:
wilsonscrazybed said:
Shamus Young said:
I thought they said that the seasons and his baby don't fear the reaper.
Nor do the rain and the stars and the sky, we should be like they are.
Oh yeah. I forgot about them. Oh there's also the wind and sun. Thanks for clearing that up for me, though.
But all agree - more cowbell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0znkaj3iM

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
packbat said:

Just sayin'.
It might not be 100%, but it's better than your entire team just standing around like a bunch of tarts while the tank pummels you into a pulp.

And I can say, at least in my own experiences, that every time I've meleed the tank in the back while he's beating on a downed teammate, he's turned around to chase me. Maybe it's an orientation thing, you have to melee twice if you aren't quite at his back? *Shrug*

Rogun11

Apr 10, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
samsonguy920 said:
packbat said:

Just sayin'.
It might not be 100%, but it's better than your entire team just standing around like a bunch of tarts while the tank pummels you into a pulp.

And I can say, at least in my own experiences, that every time I've meleed the tank in the back while he's beating on a downed teammate, he's turned around to chase me. Maybe it's an orientation thing, you have to melee twice if you aren't quite at his back? *Shrug*
Hes right soon as you melee he fixes on you. but he ussaly hits the downed person one more time before running after you. so if your playing expert their most likely going to die if you dont act quick.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
samsonguy920 said:
packbat said:

Just sayin'.

Why go after the tarts when he can take down the one beating on him? And a tank can take down someone pretty quick at times at any level (cept maybe Easy)

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Awww they should introduce the reaper in L4D2 instead of that stupid frying pan.

nik3daz

Jan 1, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
samsonguy920 said:
packbat said:

Just sayin'.

Why go after the tarts when he can take down the one beating on him? And a tank can take down someone pretty quick at times at any level (cept maybe Easy)
Yeah, me and my friends just throw the molotov and run the crap away. Even if you try to distract the tank, a single rock throw will knock out the baiter giving rise to the exact same situation. Run, revive, survive.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Francis the griefer reminds me so much of Richard the warlock (from lfgcomic), they have their charms. ;)

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
Delta4845 said:
They might nerf "the reaper" in the next game D:
They what? I'm joining the boycott.
/Is promptly shot.

Shamus is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. An excellent strip, to be sure.