stonking great contest

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
This is the official thread for "stonking great contest".

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/games/stonking_great/game/7-stonking+great+contest

Please tell us what you think of the game; use of the words "compelling" and "cinematic" are already assumed in your reviews.

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Oh, shit. I though the joke was ''If you wanted to play the game, you get to eat shit'' and the game ends. I didn't think, that you can just run away from the shit. Thanks for not telling, game.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
The controls were fairly good in this one, which awards it top marks from me considering the main failing of a lot of theses is there controls.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Not terrible, but some checkpoints would be nice.
EDIT: Disregard that, I didn't realize there was a level selector.
ANOTHER EDIT: Christ I suck at rhythm games. Couldn't you have chosen keys that weren't so close together, at least? Oh, and the song cuts out during the solo.

The Great Zegrool

Jul 29, 2009
I actually thought that was pretty good, certainly better than "Imps versus fanboys" and "Yahtzee's last stand".

I really do agree that it needed instructions, how was I supposed to know I could jump on signs?

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
Dnaloiram said:
I actually thought that was pretty good, certainly better than "Imps versus fanboys" and "Yahtzee's last stand".

I really do agree that it needed instructions, how was I supposed to know I could jump on signs?
I didn't know I could, I just tried it after the game had been going for about 7 seconds and proceeded to stay alive (running and jumping) for a good two minutes.

benoitowns

Oct 18, 2009
how do i beat the fps level? ive killed all the imps and it brings me to the main screen

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
benoitowns said:
how do i beat the fps level? ive killed all the imps and it brings me to the main screen
I guess that's the ending, since the same thing happened to me... Would have been nice to have you know some sort of finality? Ah well still rather amusing and I preferred this one to Yahtzee's Last Stand due to variety of gameplay. Funny how only the first reviewer and Yahtzee actually got through the game.

Taern

Dec 22, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
I find it funny how all the reviewers but Yahtzee couldn't get past the first bit :p
Agreed.

The Gutair hero like part was horrible. Mostly because I've barely played GH, and it's quite alot harder then say, normal.

Capo Taco

Nov 25, 2006
this game was the only one I had genuine fun with.... when I discovered it actually is a game. I thought yahtzee was playing a trick to get you to belief there is an actual game.

Xsist

Jul 20, 2009
I liked this game. You had to figure things out for yourself and use that thing called a brain that most gamers lack. The only flaud was that the last level changed from w,a,s,d, to the arrows.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I couldn't beat the first level - it seems you can only reach the first platform when the game randomly boosts you up. wut?

If it has several different games, as I infer from this thread as well as Yahtzee's comment, they should all, or at least some, be unlocked from the start.

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
This one was pretty nice, but no instructions... blargh.

I hated the guitar hero part, BUT I BEAT IT! :D IT FELT GOOD.