Stop Insect Sex

GryffinDarkBreed

Jul 21, 2008
pearcinator said:
If they make something that prevents mosquitos to mate then I think they will be able to eradicate the species. They tried before by making a poison that kills them but they 'evolved' or developed a tolerance through breeding that rendered the poison ineffective and they came back. If any insect is to be made extinct it should be mosquitos.

Anybody who says spiders should be reduced need to read about what benefits spiders bring.
The problem is that Mosquitoes are an important species in the world. They're a food source for birds and reptiles!

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
GryffinDarkBreed said:
pearcinator said:
If they make something that prevents mosquitos to mate then I think they will be able to eradicate the species. They tried before by making a poison that kills them but they 'evolved' or developed a tolerance through breeding that rendered the poison ineffective and they came back. If any insect is to be made extinct it should be mosquitos.

Anybody who says spiders should be reduced need to read about what benefits spiders bring.
The problem is that Mosquitoes are an important species in the world. They're a food source for birds and reptiles!
They are ONE TYPE of food source...they still have plenty more insects that they can eat if they didn't exist. In the long-term, birds and reptiles will adapt and humans wouldn't have to suffer from the many diseases mosquitoes spread.

My real point though is that spiders are extremely important, they are far more beneficial than most people think. They just look scary and many people are afraid of them so they wish they never existed...poor spiders :(