Stop-Motion Pioneer Ray Harryhausen Is Gone

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Cinema lost a great legend and artistic genius today. He stoked the fires of imagination and influenced countless filmmakers with his creations. Hope that Sony Movie Channel will replay most of his movies plus the documentary about his life and his work. People need to see the wonders Ray Harryhausen brought to life on the silver screen.

Rest in peace, Ray. Hope you and your lifetime friend, Ray Bradbury, meet again on the other side.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
His medusa and skeletons, and that weird dinosaur thing, made me scared shitless as a kid. That was in the 90's. His special effects still had an impact on kids decades after he made them.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I loved his movies. They captured a kid's imagination and gave an adult wonderful nostalgia.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Man, this is sad news. I didn't realize he was still (recently) alive until reading this article, but the world really has lost a legend. Like a few others in this thread, I loved his movies growing up, especially the original Clash of the Titans.

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
Without this man, modern special effects wouldn't be what they are. He inspired so many great movie makers with his vision. His is a legacy that will last forever. RIP.

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
A truly legendary artist with an unforgettable impact. May he rest in peace.