STOP THE PRESSES: GTAV has been Announced

I-Protest-I

Nov 7, 2009
martintox said:
GTA IV was a boring piece of crap. Unless it's like Vice City or San Andreas, no fucking thanks, I'm sticking to Saints Row 3.
I'd give my left bollock for vice city remake with some of the original cast and all the feeling I got from it.

Bento Box

Mar 3, 2011
JoJoDeathunter said:
Bento Box said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
Casual Shinji said:
It's odd how GTA4 has become the plague dog that it is the eyes of this community yet Red Dead Redemption is hailed as a masterpiece, despite suffering even worse from the issues for which GTA4 is loathed.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing what Rockstar is going to deliver. I just hope they bring back some of that Bully magic.
One word explains all: Yahtzee

OT: Looking forward to this, I liked both SA and IV in their own ways though I liked the story more in the latter so I hope it will be a mixture of what was good in both.
No, sir. The word that best explains it is, "NEXT-GENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN."

It was released not long after console games were finally getting past a resolution of 640X480, and around that time everything was trying to go for the gritty realism. Rockstar tried to balance that with the standard GTA humor, and it just really... didn't awesome much.

Awesome's a verb now. You didn't know that? 'Cause it is. It's a verb. Awesomes.

As for GTA5, well, I'm kind of getting tired of the Americocentrism of all these games; I'd like to step outside New York, Miami, and Los Angeles for once please - that goes for you, too, Volition.
You're free to your own opinion but be warned a lot of the hate on this thread for GTAIV is simply people parroting Yahtzee's opinions, same for the love of SR3. I found parts of GTAIV hilarious, especially my version of Niko who I bought a Russian hat for ASAP. Also Brucie was awesome.

I agree with the location part though, I'd be nice to see it being set either in London again or maybe in a developing nation. Probably won't happen but hey, you never know.
There's already a GTA set in a developing nation, but instead of Nico, you play Rico.

RICO RODRIGUEZ.

And fair enough, a lot of it is parroting, but that doesn't make his opinions any less right. The freedom offered in SR2 is greater than that in GTA4. I don't play games to simulate reality; I play them to do crazy-fun shit like surf in Team Fortress 2, or disintegrate people with lasers in the Fallout series, or spray million-dollar homes with a septic truck and parachute-teabag people in SR2. GTA4 isn't necessarily bad, but I think it did suffer from the same gritty, brown ultra-realism craze that's made damn near every AAA shooter in the last seven years so unplayable and dull.