STOP THE PRESSES: GTAV has been Announced

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
If its based in Detroit like one of the rumours said Robocop better be dispatched after you when you get 6 Stars or I will be disappointed.

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
I'm not sure whether to be pleased or completely indifferent. Well, either way...

*draws cutlass* Queen's rules, FOX?

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
I loved the shit out of GTAIV.

I hope they throw in more awesome slow car rides with introspective conversations with characters I love.

There is no sarcasm in this. I swear.

I just really dig the story.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
OH DEAR GOD.

I am, personally, hoping for either a remake of Vice City, or a completely new city. either would make me shit my pants in anticipation.

As for SR3. Yeah, they do the stupid shit much better than GTA4, but they do it at the expense of a compelling story and most of all, at the expense of likable characters. I've always loved GTA's stories and characters (Lance Vance FTW), but most of all, no other game can both imitate the perfectly arcadey vehicle controls and at the same time give us such a plethora of vehicles to choose from.

Colour me excited.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Considering that their servers crashed when the first GTAIV trailer was released, Rockstar had better have strengthened things for this one.
Also I'm hoping to see a return to the less gritty VC and SA style from the PS2-era GTA's.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
All of you shut the fuck up and pass me that sweet GTA. It will be a disappointment, but dammit i want it. Insomniac has finally killed Ratchet and Clank, I need some PS2 classic series or i will wither and die.

PLEASE BE SAN ANDREAS AGAIN! PLEASE GOD! I MISS YOU, GIANT SANDBOX!

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
I overlooked this thread first time around because you forgot the space between GTA and V. I was all like "Gundam Totally Awesome Vehicles"? "Greasy Tactical Assault Vampires"? Never heard of them. Not interested.

Semitendon

Aug 4, 2009
I don't care.

GTA4 was awful, and I won't be buying GTA5.

In the meantime, Saints Row has become what GTA used to be. So, I'll defintely be buying SR3, and assuming they don't pull the crap that GTA did, I'll be buying SR4 and SR5 when they inevitably get released.

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
SweetNess_666 said:
Bring back CJ. San andreas was easily the best gta,
CJ buries a guy alive in a portable toilet because he called his friend/relative i can't remember which, who dresses like a hooker, a hooker. I'd quite like to see him appear, then immediately get shot in the face.

Father Time said:
Every media outlet and their mother has all ready beaten the "what a shocking, violent game" horse to death. Everyone knows how bad GTA is, so the stories will basically be "sequel to game we found offensive and violent is also offensive and violent".
Your post implies that they wouldn't be daft enough to do that.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
Will it actually play on my PC this time? GTA 4 was awful for that, I have a good graphics card but still couldn't play above medium settings without horrible chugging.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
After playing Saints Row 1 and 2 I think I'm done with GTA trying to be hyper realistic.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
4 was so bad that i cant see myself getting it especially since im fully into the saints row games now, TBH the last gta i found fun was Vice City.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
Did they really need to put "five" on top of the "V"? ...

Anyway, since each installment brought a bigger city im hoping the new one is huge. Very interested to see what it looks like.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
I think it just got confirmed that it would take place in Los Angeles.

Kind of disappointing, I was hoping they'd set it in my city, New Orleans.