Stop YouTube from playing next video?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
So a while back, Our Glorious Google Overlords in their infinite wisdom decided to make the "Watch Later" list on YouTube play automatically. As a workaround, I installed the YouTube Plus extension on Firefox. I stuck to the old layout until either YouTube or the extension broke its functionality, and moved to the material format and Irdium, since YT+ was no longer supported. This disabled autoplay in the sense it'd move to the next video and prevent it from playing, which was better than nothing.

Well, Iridium is now broke and if you turn off autoplay, you can't play videos at all and development is opn hold for Iridium, so no idea when a fix is coming, so I turned off autoplay in Firefox, but that only stops the first video in a tab, so this deal is looking worse all the time.

What I'm looking for is an extension, script or some other workaround that will let me just watch a single video in my WL playlist at a time if I so choose. I'd prefer it not load to the next video, as I like to like/comment when I choose, but I'll settle for just an end to autoplay if that's what it has to be.

Anyone have any such animal, or are my tastes so niche that this is out of the question?

Really, this is my primary way to watch YouTube. It used to be so convenient, and this one change makes all the difference. It's the only reason I had YT+ installed and the only reason I've been using Iridium. I don't even know why it's no longer an option because it seems great.

But yeah, what I would most like is the ability to top my WL list from going to the next video, like I used to be able to do with a button on the damn site. Disabling autoplay would be a "next best" solution.

Thanks.