"Story of my Life" moments

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
I'd ordered a new PC to be built, after my old one struggling its way through my demands. I get a phone call late at night... "Yo dude, your PC's ready. Come on over tomorrow." SO I'm just outside my apartment when I get another call: "Yo dude, I suggest you forget about it today. It's snowing like crazy here! You don't wanna get stuck in the traffic."

Story of my life :/ I'm finally about to get/do something, & forces of nature stop me.

What are the stories of your lives?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I allow things to progress on their own and give them a nudge in the right direction at my leisure.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Can't find something. Look everywhere. Pace franticly around the house. Finally break down and ask my wife. She immediately finds it in the most obvious place.

Sweep117

Jan 27, 2009
I call and call and call a person, trying to talk to them (whether it's something important or just for a chat), but I continuously get voicemail, never, ever getting through. Day(s) later, on the very edge of conciousness after lying in bed for two hours trying to get to sleep, I'm awoken by the ring of my phone. It never fails to be the one person I had been trying to reach so many times.

(I work overnight and sleep during the day so makes sense that they'd call then, I guess...)

Soigieoto

Jan 15, 2009
Dirty Apple said:
Can't find something. Look everywhere. Pace franticly around the house. Finally break down and ask my wife. She immediately finds it in the most obvious place.
Pretty much the same as that but with my mom.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
Spent several months chasing a beautiful, smart, funny, elusive little girl who seemed to enjoy the chase as much as I, then just as I close in for the capture and kill, another one pops up, beautiful, smart, funny and gets in just before the first.

This after a three year drought.

Goddamn.

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
I finally got up the nerve to ask out this adorable guy in my history class--only to find out that my best friend beat me to it not an our before.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
i loose my glasses but it takes me ages to find them because I CANT SEE!

makes my mum laugh though >_<

edit: usually i have to have my face inches from a surface to make sure its not there

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Procrastination. Also, getting up late and missing morning lectures, especially on a Wednesday when I only have two lectures and they're both in the morning.

Also, trying to pluck up the courage to ask out the gorgeous redhead four floors down, and then chickening out because I'm worried she just wants to 'stay friends', as always...

Dark Crusader

Sep 3, 2008
Soigieoto said:
Dirty Apple said:
Pretty much the same as that but with my mom.
Citrus Insanity said:
"I'll do it later."
Those two, and when something is broken I think of a way to fix it, then over-ride that first though, using a second method which I always manage to assure myself will be much faster, only for it not to work, take hours longer to get to the point where I can't proceed, be forced to use the first method, which takes all of 5 minutes to do. Either that or I simply can't get it to work, until somebody qualified has a look, at which point it'll work perfectly.
Sindaine said:
I finally got up the nerve to ask out this adorable guy in my history class--only to find out that my best friend beat me to it not an our before.
D; *Envious of this guy* Wish girls would ask me out[I'm bloody shy, talking to a girl takes an hour worth of working up to do, or a shit load of alky, the second option usually meaning I'm damn near coma'ing before I'm ready to talk, the first option meaning they've normally walked away by the time I'm ready.].

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
Dark Crusader said:
Sindaine said:
D; *Envious of this guy* Wish girls would ask me out [I'm bloody shy, talking to a girl takes an hour worth of working up to do, or a shit load of alky, the second option usually meaning I'm damn near coma'ing before I'm ready to talk, the first option meaning they've normally walked away by the time I'm ready.].

Yeah, guys never want to talk to me. I'm the hot chick's ugly friend.

Dark Crusader

Sep 3, 2008
Sindaine said:
Dark Crusader said:
Sindaine said:
D; *Envious of this guy* Wish girls would ask me out [I'm bloody shy, talking to a girl takes an hour worth of working up to do, or a shit load of alky, the second option usually meaning I'm damn near coma'ing before I'm ready to talk, the first option meaning they've normally walked away by the time I'm ready.].

Yeah, guys never want to talk to me. I'm the hot chick's ugly friend.
I am assuming correctly when I think you're a girl right?
That sounds a bit harsh(like no guy will talk to you at all, which I severly doubt is the case, otherwise you have a very nasty school).

Off-note:*Sigh* I need to grow a back-bone.

Sindaine

Dec 29, 2008
Yup, all-girl. And the school is in fact, nasty. If you're not one of the 'hot' girls, then at most guys will answer to you when you speak to them, but only just. And they'll never willingly approach you.

Lol, yeah, it might help, honestly. It's nice not having to make the first move.

Mask of 1000 Faces

Feb 28, 2009
That damn snowblower.

I start it up... it runs for about a minute... and then it refuses to stay working.

My folks come out and start it up on their first try, and yell at me for pretending to have trouble.

*sigh*