Strange habits you picked up because of videogames?

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Im not talking about the twitches and stuff mentioned in Dean Sherwin's column. Im talking about certain things in videogames that you copied or affected your life in some way. I'll start:

When I was actively playing GTA4, I would feel a slight discomfort whenever a policecar passed by. In GTA4, that'd be my cue to not touch any cars and make sure I dont have any weapons equipped. Also, I felt more comfortable with my work attire. sweat pants, work shoes, old jacket. My job also doesnt require top notch appearance so I usually have a 5 o'clock shadow by the end of the week. Sound familiar?

Also, I started to listen to a whole different world of music thanks to Fallout 3 and Bioshock.

Im playing Resident Evil 5 at the moment. I hope I wont start trying to punch heavy objects I want to move!

Twin Of Aphex

Nov 7, 2008
My habit is similar to your Fallout one, GTA: Vice city really got me into 80's music and at one point it was all i would listen to. I also asked for a suit similar to Tommy Vercetti for christmas, just so i could look like him. I was easily influenced as a kid :p

caz105

Feb 22, 2009
After playing FF:X in fights I used to try and take it in turns to hit my adversary.

Hexadecimal16

Mar 11, 2009
SmilingKitsune said:
I'll admit that I have once or twice actually thought about "saving the game" in real life.
This.

Also, after playing Portal I found myself consistently wanting to shoot portals through my walls for convenience. I still do.

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
I was playing too much Ocarina of Time, whenever I stand still, I tap my feet on the ground, or look around.

quiet empire

Feb 19, 2009
After playing a lot of Saint's Row 2, when I next saw a motercycle I had an urge to steal it, drive about at top speeds, collide with a car and blast team-rocket-style into the air.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Moving my controller to the left or right when I'm playing racing games. Moving my controller up when my character jumps. When I hear my phone ring I bend down on one knee and press my ear as if I were in MGS.

furnatic

Mar 28, 2009
From playing too much Rock Band, everytime I hear a song that was on the game over the radio, my left hand mimics the colors that would come up, even while driving. It is rather annoying...

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Looking for the quicksave button before I was about to do something life changing or important.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
After playing Assassin's Creed, whenever I drive by a church, I always envision Altair climbing it..

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Natty DL said:
I was playing too much Ocarina of Time, whenever I stand still, I tap my feet on the ground, or look around.
You have your own idle animations too, huh?

Mongoose327

Jan 4, 2009
Hexadecimal16 said:
SmilingKitsune said:
I'll admit that I have once or twice actually thought about "saving the game" in real life.
This.

Also, after playing Portal I found myself consistently wanting to shoot portals through my walls for convenience. I still do.
Whenever I see cake I can't help but remember the cake is a lie.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Mines would have to be me tapping my feet from Rock Band or Patapon, and i also kept looking up at a balcony i needed to climb stairs to get to and wishing i have the grappling hook from Lost Planet. :/
But i guess life cant be perfect :D

TBA

Apr 27, 2008
A couple of times i've thought that the world was rendered in pixels for about one second, then I remembered that of course it wasn't.

Also, I air-guitar as if playing guitar hero now.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I dream of living in a world ruled by numbers because of Final Fantasy and Portal convinced me to start listening to Jonathon Coultan.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
After playing Scarface, I started doing that twitchy side-ways head movement Tony Montana does when he's agitated every now and then.

I also dream I'm playing Counter-Strike whenever I sleep, and I talk in my sleep... it annoys my family at times.

matsugawa

Mar 18, 2009
Myst has given me a preference for hardcover books.

After playing R: Racing Evolution, I find myself getting really antsy when someone drives too closely behind me.

Fatal Frame, Pokemon Snap, and Beyond Good and Evil have honestly helped me with my photography skills.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
I have a bad tendency to mimic idle animations.

Mostly from platformers, but even at the gun range, I found myself absent-mindedly playing with my Glock the way it had been done in an FPS that I don't remember the name of.