Strange things you can do (no one believes)

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
eggy32 said:
Generalzdave said:
Whenever I think of a part of a tv show, later in the day that exact episode will come on. This has happened about 50 times in my life. This also works sometimes with songs on the radio.
That happens to me all the time.
Surely there's a scientific explanation.
there actually is, there even is a scientific term for it. i just have forgotten what it is^^

here's the quick rundown: lets say you think of episode 42 of show x. later that day you turn on the tv, and what episode is on?! 23. nothing special and most likely you will never think about it again, forget that you thought about the episode and that was that.
however, when episode 42 would have been on, you would have thought: "duuuuude, how weird is this?" and remember the freak occurance for years.
so the times when you guess the right episode are in the normal statistical margin. it just seems incredible because you only remember the right "guesses" and therefore grossely misjudge the hit quota. god i wish i remember what the scientific term for that was, there surely must be a wikipedia-article about it..

Hister

Don't Run You'll Just Die Tired
Apr 8, 2010
I think I've got a good one. I can look at any mechanical object and figure out how to take it apart in my head without touching it. Been a mechanic for 14 years now so this ability has served me well

Lilitu

Feb 22, 2011
k-ossuburb said:
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Check it out, I've got the exact same thing! :D

Together we could fight crime and evil! Nobody could withstand the double-icky-thumb! :D

NDstephan

Jun 19, 2010
Watson767 said:
I can hear electricty I guess. If I walk into a room and anything is on standby, or even just switched on at the plug I can hear it. Is that strange? Im not sure.
Not really; when I was in high school I did a report on Psychic abilities (ESP, remote viewing, etc) and those who were found to be "sensitive" had similar things occur in their lives.
The experiments I looked up theorized that those who fell into the "probable" category (more accurate than chance allowed) had very low resistance to electricity and that allowed them to feel and decode the electrical impulses generated by the human brain. One person they couldn't disprove moved into a remote part of the Colorado Rockies to avoid all the "noise" in towns and cities.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I can predict the future when i sleep.

Ive won the Michigan Lottery's Daily 3 and 4 number draws 8 times using numbers i pulled from my sleep.

On one occasion even, i woke up and wanted to learn how to play guitar((i had a dream about being an awesome bass player, get off my back.)). So the next day i went out and purchased a guitar and amp.
I remembered the number on the recite from my dream ((the license plate on the back of my solid gold hummer)), so i played it in the daily 3, and hit it straight for $5000 before tax. Thanks to it, i was able to take guitar lessons, purchase a better guitar and amp, and take a vacation to Las Vegas. ((I didnt gamble though, just spent it in strip clubs))

I was also able to predict my uncle getting in a car accident when he was taking his girlfriend to the airport. In my dream he hit a truck head on because the icy road caused it to slide into him. When i told him about this he just laughed it off and said i wasnt getting rid of him that easily. Later that day when he was taking her, he managed to swerve to the right at the last minute and just go into a ditch instead of getting plowed head on.

Needless to say ive been able to mess with him since then.

NightlyNews

Mar 25, 2011
Teddy Roosevelt said:
Niflhel said:
Raognerrrm said:
I can imagine 7 dimensions.
This one is very hard to prove.
It also makes my brain hurt.
The 7th dimension according to which theory?
Quite an amazing feat, considering we've not been able to confirm the existence of more than 3 spatial dimensions plus time as the fourth.
Not true. String Theory includes the existence of 11 dimensions, and while not nearly all of String Theory has been observed or supported by experimentation or other means, the math does show fairly strong support for 11 dimensions, so whether or not String Theory as a whole holds up, the 11 dimensions bit has already become sufficiently recognized to be more or less reasonable to suggest as fact.

Though, by "imagine," I think he means mathematically or something, but it is, I'm pretty sure, impossible for us to comprehend more than three dimensions spatially.
You guys are talking about different things and in a way are both right. M-theory believes there are 11 spacial dimensions, but none of them are time. The other way people talk about dimensions stops at time as the fourth (unless you get into really stoner based physics :p)

The original guy is full of it just like Niflhel believes though because a hepteract (7 dimensional cube) has 672 sides and quite frankly is above human comprehension. It would probably take a supercomputer just to animate a rotating one, there is no way what he's saying is true.

I and many others are capable of visualizing and spinning a tesseract in there heads, but even that is beyond some people. A hepteract would be many times more complex (requiring at least 100 times the processing power to merely visualize. I'm probably of average of intelligence and in no way close to a genius, but I'm positive no man on earth has 100 times the spacial processing power as I do. It just isn't possible.

Edit: A tesseract is a 4 dimensional cube. Sorry forgot that :I

OT: I more or less enter a trance when playing rts'. I become so engrossed almost immediately and then when I snap out of it I have no idea how much time has passed and sometimes even forget how many games I won/lost.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
I can feel actual pain when i'm dreaming. It's slightly dulled not as much pain as real life but it can still feel the pain and it doesn't help the fact that i dream like horror movies. I have felt my entire body being sliced to pieces. i have felt a gunshot in the head. i have felt my body catching on fire. i have felt myself drowning under water. it gets worse though. in extreme cases i will wake up with marks or lines exactly where on my body i was hurt in the dream there were a couple of cases where i was actually cut or bleeding a little, b4 you say i scratched myself on something i was lying on the froor in the middle of an empty room in my home with no furniture and there was nothing on the floor. but my blood.. I have taken steps to make sure i never dream over the years by sleeping very brief periods and by sleeping during the day on sitting up instead of beds. I just don't want to feel that pain anymore.

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
Scrubiii said:
I can't do anything. I have a friend who can vibrate his eyeballs though.
I can do that! But really, really fast and it moves really far around my eyes so it looks like my eyes are really messed up.

Watson767

Apr 20, 2010
NDstephan said:
Watson767 said:
I can hear electricty I guess. If I walk into a room and anything is on standby, or even just switched on at the plug I can hear it. Is that strange? Im not sure.
Not really; when I was in high school I did a report on Psychic abilities (ESP, remote viewing, etc) and those who were found to be "sensitive" had similar things occur in their lives.
The experiments I looked up theorized that those who fell into the "probable" category (more accurate than chance allowed) had very low resistance to electricity and that allowed them to feel and decode the electrical impulses generated by the human brain. One person they couldn't disprove moved into a remote part of the Colorado Rockies to avoid all the "noise" in towns and cities.
I read to 'psychic', nothing else mattered much after that! :DD

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Lilitu said:
k-ossuburb said:
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Check it out, I've got the exact same thing! :D

Together we could fight crime and evil! Nobody could withstand the double-icky-thumb! :D
The funny thing is yours is on your right, mine is on my left. Just out of curiosity, are you right-handed? Because I'm left handed, maybe this has something to do with early development.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
List incoming...
most of these I can prove, especially the last one...

1. I can kind of dislocate my knees and then put them back.
2. I can fold my ears into each other so that they are barerly visible (no im not dumbo xD)
3. If there is something that I have interest in, let's say a game. It can be pretty much any game, but prefferably a good one. I can glance at a wiki page or something with info about it, and then remember it for a very long time. I pretty much know every single oblivion quest by heart.
4. And finally, my incredible thumb and fingers! (my thumb can dance):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAG7t6oK8sY

My friend told me to warn people who had eaten recently. So, warned I guess.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
I can play videogames in my sleep.
Sometimes I just fall asleep and my character dies or spends a gret deal of time walking at a wall, more more often than not I will keep playing...

And do well.

For instance, I cannot play Rock Band higher than medium, except on a certain few songs like E-Pro. Green Grass and High Tides is NOT one of the songs I can play at max difficulty. I decided to try and see how far I could get, and passed out sometimes during the early part of the song, failing horribly. When I woke up, the song was over and I'd gotten a 90% rating, and a long streak.

This also happens a lot with Devil May Cry, in DMC 3 and 4, I can fall asleep nearly dead and wake up with all enemies gone.

Some of you may be wondering why I fall asleep so much playing games. I don't know. I have tired days where I can't do anything effectively but sleep

That probably should worry me, but I just chalk it up to psychological nonsense

WHAT THE FUCK IS AN AD DOING IN THE CAPTCHA SPACE

I'm getting sick of this damned nonsense, Escapist