Strange things you can do (no one believes)

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
I can see the future in a really impractical way.
I have a dream, which of course is going to contain a large number of images and concepts and what have you. Then, anywhere from a few months to 4 years later, a number of those images and concepts, from a specific dream, will appear in one place.
It isn't helpful, because I can't do it on purpose and I don't remember it until I see it all happen at once.
It's even harder to prove, since you can't visually record dreams, and there's always that whole law of averages thing where if you dream about a wide variety of real things, that you will eventually run into them. But I get things like exact dialogue quotes, and accurate building layouts.
Still, there'll always be someone calling you a "sheeple" or a "jackass" for trying to tell them that it really does happen.
There's being a skeptic, and then there's being a douche...

Zergadooful

Sep 30, 2010
I have a sixth sense to some degree, I always wake up 10 seconds before something wakes me, I know exactly where people are even if I can't see or hear them, and I just know if something is about to happen.
I've been noticing it a lot more recently, my instincts just tell me do something, and they've been right every time.

fragmaster09

Nov 15, 2010
Zergadooful said:
I have a sixth sense to some degree, I always wake up 10 seconds before something wakes me, I know exactly where people are even if I can't see or hear them, and I just know if something is about to happen.
I've been noticing it a lot more recently, my instincts just tell me do something, and they've been right every time.
I always wake up 5 minutes before my alarm is set to wake me(any time at all, be it 6AM or 3PM).
I can do Bullet-Time from the Matrix(only when in PE lessons in school and there is a Football(ENGLISH!!!) sized ball going straight at my face that i can't see.
I can understand things that nobody else can(like why the girl on the other side of the room at school puts her hand on a cooker or something like that
I can imagine 3d planes as if i were there

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I have weird dark clouds and scratches on the surface of my eyes that zoom about when I move them. The optician called them "floaters", and I kept a straight face and didn't laugh. How many of you would be able to hold back a reaction when your optician looks you straight in the face and tells you, "You have floaters in your eyes, but they're not a problem." Yeah, that's a damn superpower if there ever was one.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Well, I don't know if this counts but I can hear higher frequencies of sound then I'm supposed to. Especially, I can hear TV's turn on and off by a high pitched squeal of the electricity completing the circuit when turned on. As much as I figure it to be anyway. Dog Whistles also bother the hell out of me.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
Gasaraki said:
Well, just about every person with autism or asperger's that I've met makes shit up frequently to seem cool. I'm not saying everone with autism or asperger's is a compulsive liar, that's just been my experience with them and so I sort of tend to associate the two. It's not meant to be incredibly offensive or whatever, calm down.
It got my dander up because most of my family is autistic to one degree or another, my brother and sister the worst affected among us. I tend to get quite defensive when people make comments like that. I apologise for my slight over-reaction.

Are you sure these people are actually on the AS (autistic spectrum), and aren't just trying to get a look in on the "it" crowd by seeming different? I'm not saying autistic people are incapable of lying, they're not, but it's always a possibility. Please don't colour your views on autistic people because of a few people doing something stupid.

Also, you made a distinction between "autism" and "asperger's". No point to that, asperger's falls onto the autistic spectrum, so you basically said "wet water". By default, someone with asperger's is autistic, though someone who's autistic doesn't necessarily have asperger's. For instance, my sister has PDD-NOS (pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified [another ASD]), but not asperger's.

The more you know, and all that...

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
I can stand outside in freezing temperatures in a tee-shirt and not get cold.

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
I can emit a high pitched shriek I guess to be about 180 decibels. It's very painful to hear. Sweet self defense mechanism, like a flashbang.

Umm what else...

I'm a guy who is a florist, can poledance (Groan, stepmum) and cook, but I'm not gay or feminine, I'm actually fairly butch....Fairly.

I can move one eye at a time, like a gecko. (Excellent for watching Tennis)

ANd that's about it :)

RazorRaptor9

Jun 17, 2011
I also seem to have very good hearing. When playing Marco Polo, I can concentrate and hear my friends breathing and moving through the water. Not exactly helpful, but I think it's cool

Ambi

Oct 9, 2009
Nothing.

InterAirplay said:
I can guess a number that someone is thinking of by looking into their eys long enough with a ludicrous level of accuracy. I've only tried it with 1-10 though, I think a higher range might make it harder, but I'm not sure if it works like that. Anyway, after a few moments then BAM, I just blurt out a number on instinct and it's the right one.
It would be interesting to measure your rate of accuracy with a large groups of people, if you haven't already. I also wonder whether this intuition of yours picks up other ridiculously specific things about other's mental states.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I have a serious problem with deja vue's.

There are countless times or random encounters when I usually game that I recall that I've done that before,but that being impossible(playing a newly released game for example) and reaching a certain point in the game where I remember doing it at a certain point in the past.

It's very confusing...

fragmaster09

Nov 15, 2010
RazorRaptor9 said:
I also seem to have very good hearing. When playing Marco Polo, I can concentrate and hear my friends breathing and moving through the water. Not exactly helpful, but I think it's cool
what's marco polo?

Cavehybrid

Mar 29, 2011
I don't really see it as that amazing I thik loads of people can do it, think those noises might be like those mosquito boxes we have to get rid of teenagers, cause I'm 20 I'm on the edge between kid (who can hear mosquito boxes) and adult (who can't) I think the cut of age is 23-25 give or take.

The over hearing convos thing is a bad habit that can get me in trouble, but that is awesome and does help out when trying to solve puzzles when the group next to you is just about to figure it out and you add your own ideas to theirs and solve it seconds before ^^

Retronana

Nov 27, 2010
I can rap surprisingly well according to one of my friends, but I don't do it because I generally find it embarrassing. Also when I did rap it was generally to gangsta stuff and I'm about as white n' nerdy as they come.