Strangest movie you've ever seen?

Nov 28, 2007
Like the topic said, what is the strangest movie you've ever seen? By strangest, I mean full on "am I high?" status, not just movies that have moments that make you go "huh?", then continue watching.

For me, it's the movie I just finished watching, "Heavy Metal". It's a fun movie to watch, but weird? Weird doesn't describe it. Let's see...topless chicks, anthropomorphic gorillas, cyborgs, robots who have sex, and aliens, all in the same 90 minute animated movie.

P.S. See Heavy Metal if you haven't already, if for nothing else the awesome soundtrack.

sorpaqq

May 12, 2011
The film Meet The Feebles had a bunch of muppets having sex with each other and doing drugs.

Klopy

Nov 30, 2009
^ agree with Feebles. Duel was a good movie, but thinking about the premise makes me laugh on the inside. A truck chasing a man? Silly stuff.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Human Centipede. When I first saw the trailers for it my reaction was pretty much just "...This is a movie?"

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
usmarine4160 said:
Ponyo... think of it as an acid trip in a tropical fish store.
Yeah that sounds about right for that film, but it was such an awesome movie. Even though I was wondering whose acid dream I dropped into.

Rogthgar

Aug 18, 2008
One called Brazil or something, watched along time ago. Was about a guy living in an Orwellian world that was all about the bureaucracy. Eventually he gets messed up in with a girl whos part of a resistance. He gets captured at one point and by the end of it you realizes the last 30min or so of the movie has been going on in the guys head while his mind simply collapsed under the stress. Like you think Robert de Niro came down to rescue the guy, only to get eaten by a piece of flying news paper, followed by a long chase scene and a seemingly happy ending only to see the guy being left in his chair by the prison staff.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I thought Rocky Horror Picture Show was really bizarre, the only reason I kept watching it was just because it was weird.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
The Lawnmower Man. VERY bizarre, dark and downright weird movie. Though admittedly the third act is pretty weak.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Cloake said:
Eraserhead, or pretty much anything else by David Lynch.
This man pretty much hit the nail on the head. Nothing else even really compares, except maybe Naked Lunch or Phantasm, but even then they still aren't really the same.

Bambi On Toast

Sep 9, 2011
Well there's the totally awesome Braindead (Also called Dead Alive), which features some hilariously insane gore and lots of "Wtf?" weird moments. There's this part where two zombies start having sex and then the zombie woman somehow gets pregnant and gives birth almost instantly to a zombie baby which later ends up in a blender... Awesome.

There is a terrible b-movie called Night of the Lepus, which is probably the single worst movie I have seen. It wasn't even unintentionally funny, it made me physically angry. Has some ridiculously lame effects and the most tedious direction ever. Basically it's about rabbits that are changed genetically, mutated and are much, much bigger. Oh, and suddenly they have become carnivores. Prepare for over an hour of ludicrous slow motion shots and possibly the worst effects ever seen in a larger budget movie.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Sir Shockwave said:
The Lawnmower Man. VERY bizarre, dark and downright weird movie. Though admittedly the third act is pretty weak.
Agreed, that film is really really freaky. A lot of Studio Ghibli films are pretty weird, too, Spirited Away in particular.

Also, Return To Oz. I've not seen it but I've seen quite a few clips and that was enough to freak me right out. I never actually want to see it, judging from how creepy, weird and downright frightening it seems to be.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
A movie called "Valhalla Rising". It's a strange movie in it's own right (it was following the formula: Excessive Violence, one or two words, then the characters wandering silent, repeat), but it was even stranger in context. From the Box-Blurb I was expecting some C-class brainless Viking-Splatter-Fest. And while the splatter was there I just wasn't in the mood of and art-movie of this type. Plus: The music got really fucking creepy, being annoying while barely there....