Strangest movie you've ever seen?

Aug 31, 2009
I think it was called braindead or something, it was a crazy ass zombie movie where this blokes mother gets bitten by an ape of some kind n turns into a zombie n turns other ppl into zombies (2 of which have sex and and have a baby) n then it gets really freaky, oh yeah n a kung fu fighting priest and i quote 'i kick ass for the lord'. Man its fucking crazy. Either that or Cube but thats just wank

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Cloake said:
Eraserhead, or pretty much anything else by David Lynch.
This man pretty much hit the nail on the head. Nothing else even really compares, except maybe Naked Lunch or Phantasm, but even then they still aren't really the same.
I think the difference with Lynch's films is that while he may have some idea of what the symbolism means, he never tells anyone else, not even the cast, so it's all left up to the audience to decide what it means. Lots of "weird" movies have an explanation from their creators. Lynch refuses to do this. Jerk.

Kelvin Carter

Sep 4, 2011
Frenemy starring Callum Blue, Matt Maldeen, and Adam Baldwin.

It was nice to see Matt and Adam in another movie together since Full Metal Jacket, but this movie was strange as hell.

Dec 27, 2010
Bambi On Toast said:
Well there's the totally awesome Braindead (Also called Dead Alive), which features some hilariously insane gore and lots of "Wtf?" weird moments. There's this part where two zombies start having sex and then the zombie woman somehow gets pregnant and gives birth almost instantly to a zombie baby which later ends up in a blender... Awesome.
Yeah, that film was pretty weird, although that was more to do with how bizarrely the main character acted. The intestine-octopus-thing was the coolest thing I've ever seen though.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I'd have to say that Revolver was pretty odd. I didn't quite feel like I was on a massive drug high, but I barely understood a damn thing that happened, nor could I tell if the whole movie was inside the Statham characters head.

Once, years back, I did see part of a show that made me feel like I just took a fistful of acid tabs. It was one of those teletubby type shows, and the fuzzy, amorphous blob-like creatures were dancing while spinning around in what looked like the inside of a kaleidoscope. It seriously weirded me out.

Teddy Roosevelt

Nov 11, 2009
2001: A Space Odyssey. All-in-all, it is a great classic, and is straightforward. However, as soon as the subtitles announce the segment: "Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite", the last half hour or so of the movie makes zero sense. Of course, everything was explained in the Arthur C. Clarke novel on which the movie is based, but the movie gives no such explanations, and the sequel is really your only source of relief.

Either that or the Final Countdown about the USS Nimitz supercarrier getting sent back from 1980 to December 6, 1941. They spend the whole movie building up to the men realizing they're in the past and can intervene at Pearl harbor, single handedly smashing the Japanese fleet with the most powerful warship of 1980, only to be sent back to 1980 just before the decisive battle begins.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Dead Leaves, anyone? From the people behind FLCL!

WARNING: Do not attempt to watch Dead Leaves if you have epilepsy. Trust me. This trailer should be relatively safe, though.

Redweaver

Apr 1, 2009
La Planete Sauvage. Made by Rene Laloux in 1973. Released to the english speaking world as Fantastic Planet.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Robo Geisha. About androids that are able to shoot venom out of their nipples, turn into a tank and also having the strange habit of stabbing poeple in their buttocks. Whenever a building is destroyed, blood gushes out of the building and so on.

It was hilarious.

Sandwichboy

Aug 25, 2010
House, by Nobuhiko Obayashi. It's a haunted house film with characters named Gorgeous, Mac, Fantasy and Kung Fu. Even more of an insane drug trip than Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
A Clockwork Orange.
I don't watch a whole lot of movies, really, but this was by far the strangest. I loved it, though.

killcheese

May 18, 2009
I would need to say rubber. that was one fucking crazy movie! At first i tought it would be an average cheesy "horror" movie, but then it was just wtf after wtf until i had no idea what i was watching but found it strangly enjoyable.