Street Fighter VI - 3rd Strike Times Two.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Kimberly will be my main! The new successor to Bushinryu is here! Juri is back and the foot fetish fans got raging boners again. Capcom knew exactly what they are doing, and who they're catering towards.

I don't think Juri's kicks have ever looked and sounded so meaty and impactful as now.

I'm not sure I'm sold on Kimberly, but I don't think I ever much liked Guy either. She does nail the "street ninja" bit perfectly, though.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not sure I'm sold on Kimberly,
I am!

I don't think I ever much liked Guy either.
Heresy and blasphemy!

She does nail the "street ninja" bit perfectly, though.
Yes, but Guy was no slouch either. Compared to how he started in Final Fight, and see how he evolved from the Alpha series to SSIV, and you will see what I mean. Kimberley is looking to be the better and superior version.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
First time I hear Juri in english, she kinda sounds like Azula from Avatar lol. Not quite crazy and violent enough.

You hear how she rolls her Rs in JP? That's a hyper-masculine speech pattern lol. Not a generic evil sound. She sounds like a female gang member in JP.

Anyhow, I really don't like the getup the new ninja girl is in, it looks like a weird 80s thing. I hope they give her some cool dlc costumes that actually look like a ninja's. Her moves look a ton like Guy's though which is awesome. I especially love that air throw. The weird graffiti thing I could take or leave, it's definitely not nearly as cool as Juri's super when seen side to side.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
First time I hear Juri in english, she kinda sounds like Azula from Avatar lol. Not quite crazy and violent enough.
She's had the same English voice actor since SSF IV, and still on going. Both the Japanese and English version are great regardless, How have you not heard of her version of the voice at this point? I noticed similarities back in 2009, but Juri and Azula are two different types of crazy and violent. Azula has a since of order and (a façade) of stoicism. Azula is mostly a 'calm' and highly intelligent sociopath. Juri wears no masks and holds nothing back. She is all about the chaos and is actually crazier than Azula; Juri is just more open and honest about it. Not to mention, while both have a might makes right/survival of the fittest attitude, Juri is a nihilist and is chaotic evil. Azula is not a nihilist, but is neutral evil, but has plenty of her own petty moments.

Anyhow, I really don't like the getup the new ninja girl is in, it looks like a weird 80s thing.
Speak for yourself, everyone else is loving it; including me.

I hope they give her some cool dlc costumes that actually look like a ninja's.
More than likely and it would not surprise me.

Her moves look a ton like Guy's though which is awesome. I especially love that air throw.
Well Guy is her master, so it make sense. Yes, it is awesome.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
She's had the same English voice actor since SSF IV, and still on going. Both the Japanese and English version are great regardless, How have you not heard of her version of the voice at this point? I noticed similarities back in 2009, but Juri and Azula are two different types of crazy and violent. Azula has a since of order and (a façade) of stoicism. Azula is mostly a 'calm' and highly intelligent sociopath. Juri wears no masks and holds nothing back. She is all about the chaos and is actually crazier than Azula; Juri is just more open and honest about it. Not to mention, while both have a might makes right/survival of the fittest attitude, Juri is a nihilist and is chaotic evil. Azula is not a nihilist, but is neutral evil, but has plenty of her own petty moments.
Never been a SF fan, I only played the original sf4 and she wasn't in that one, she was added later in some super version of it, and I never played 5 either.

I encountered Juri in Project x Zone, a Jrpg series with guest chars from capcom, sega and bandai properties in which she was part of and that one was in JP.

And yeah totally agree with you on Azula, which is why it's so weird that Juri sounds like her when she's supposed to be out and out crazy.

Speak for yourself, everyone else is loving it; including me.
Uhh...I did? I said I don't like it. I did not use the I in some concept of treating all of humanity as a single entity in some metaphysical sense. I was referring to myself lol.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Uhh...I did? I said I don't like it. I did not use the I in some concept of treating all of humanity as a single entity in some metaphysical sense. I was referring to myself lol
I already noticed. I just love pointing out I like her design.
And yeah totally agree with you on Azula, which is why it's so weird that Juri sounds like her when she's supposed to be out and out crazy.
It's probably nothing more than coincidence. Right now this is Juri at her most unhinged. The re engine is just working on those facial expressions like crazy! No pun intended. In her English voice actor has more than the talent to pull it off.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still waiting for Akuma
He'll be there eventually. There's honestly nothing left for Akuma to do at this point. He no longer targets Ryu, because the latter conquered his dark side. The only reason he's even there, is that he's so popular and he's got cool moves. I like the character, but even the hardcore fans know this.