Street Fighter X Tekken DLC Hacked

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
Just to let you know, this topic has been covered several times.

Yup, its pathetic. My friends are really into fighting games, and the worst part is that they find it completely reasonable.

Paladin Anderson

Nov 21, 2011
Dansen said:

Yup, its pathetic. My friends are really into fighting games, and the worst part is that they find it completely reasonable.
Well then, it's deleted. Lord knows we don't want things talked about multiple times. Not on the internet!

Thanks for the heads up.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I assume this was the whole "All the DLC is already on the disc and you have to pay to unlock it" fiasco?

God I hate that.

Paladin Anderson

Nov 21, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
I assume this was the whole "All the DLC is already on the disc and you have to pay to unlock it" fiasco?

God I hate that.
Yup! Some customers hacked the disk and got access to the 12 DLC characters for free.

Paladin Anderson

Nov 21, 2011
Fawxy said:

Seriously, I think if you want discussion value in a thread you MIGHT want to have an OP. Just a thought.
Oh no no I can't. Dansen said
Dansen said:
So, you see, I had to delete the OP.

weker

May 27, 2009
Paladin Anderson said:
Loop Stricken said:

God I hate that.
Yup! Some customers hacked the disk and got access to the 12 DLC characters for free.
Just so you get a different view point even if you intend to kill this thread, Capcom put stuff on the disk to make online easier, also from what I have been told from my die hard street fighter friend he states that none of these hacked characters work to qualify them as actually on disk.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I assume this is about Crapcom putting 12 DLC characters on disk only to have people hack them?
Good riddance, I hope they lose as much money as possible to it.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
I love that story and i´m fine with this happening. There`s a reason it`s called DLC.

weker said:
Capcom put stuff on the disk to make online easier, also from what I have been told from my die hard street fighter friend he states that none of these hacked characters work to qualify them as actually on disk.
I`ve heard it works pretty good. One of the developers stated he was impressed by the skill of the hackers but also dissapointed about the fact that these people already play with leaked characters while others don`t have them.
Heloooohooo Capcom, people who don`t buy your so calld "DLC" won`t be able to either. Oh what disapointment, a few guys they won`t be able to get money from.

The "make online easier" is such a cheap excuse. Other games manage to get the online play between people with and without DLC working via a little update. Maybe this whole "DLC" is a future investment for better programmers or coders but i doubt it.

weker

May 27, 2009
OldDirtyCrusty said:
Smudged post together
All I can really state is that from what I know the people are trying to shift the truth against capcoms favor as most the people I know in person say that most these claims are not entirely true. I have to admit I give a green light to capcom as they don't tend to keep doing this crap they generally only do something like this once and next time something else, so I assume their testing, but anyway I let them off for their good and unquie games like Asura Wrath and Dragons Dogma.

weker

May 27, 2009
OldDirtyCrusty said:
Smudged post together
All I can really state is that from what I know the people are trying to shift the truth against capcoms favor as most the people I know in person say that most these claims are not entirely true. I have to admit I give a green light to capcom as they don't tend to keep doing this crap they generally only do something like this once and next time something else, so I assume their testing, but anyway I let them off for their good and unquie games like Asura Wrath and Dragons Dogma.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
Capcom milking it`s Street Fighter franchise is nothing new, but i don`t understand why even the hardest fan should defend their new DLC strategies + cheap excuses.

Capcom was one of my favorite favorite developers since the 16bit days and i liked Asuras Wrath (rental). Dragons Dogma looks promising but the way Capcom is handeling DLC and their statements i`m not one of their buying customers anymore. If they start saying "We try to see how far we can go with this and we just want a quick cash in" it would be honest at least.
It´s no secret that companies hold content back for a later DLC, as much as i don`t like it, it`s their decision (and mine to buy it), but putting it on disk and call it DLC is what`s really anoying me.