Streets of Rage 4 Thread.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh man I never even finished the game to be honest. I couldn't handle the slow pace and lack of defensive ability. It is so faithfully old school that I just can't handle that kind of thing anymore. Sorry to disappoint.
There was a major update that fixed that months ago. Axel got an actual speed, and has far as dash moves: technically all the characters have them. The SOR4 versions any way. Albeit, it will cost you some health, except for Adam and Cherry of course. Not to mention, once the DLC drops, all of the characters, including the retro versions will can an even bigger move set.

What stage did you last stop at? If you can, at leas try to finish it up. I know it seems limited at first, but once you know how the combo system works and what each character can do to their full potential, this game has the best combat in the series and compared to nearly all modern 2D brawlers. It's not as antiquated as you think. Your offense is your defense. I know it sucks that their is no universal rolling or dashing , but there are plenty of work around or exploits within the game. Though if that does not tickle your fancy, then I suggest either River City Girls or The TakeOver, though both come with their own separate issues.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
What stage did you last stop at?
I don't even remember. I think it was either the police station or the level right after the police station iirc. I remember not enjoying the game much and just dropping it. So I have no clue to be honest.
Maybe I'll eventually just hack my way through the game, but I have so many other games right now that I'm juggling that I don't have time for this one atm.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't even remember. I think it was either the police station or the level right after the police station iirc. I remember not enjoying the game much and just dropping it. So I have no clue to be honest.
Maybe I'll eventually just hack my way through the game, but I have so many other games right now that I'm juggling that I don't have time for this one atm.
If your interests ever picks up again, do note that the game only has 12 stages. The game can be beaten in a short time frame.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
DLC is out on all digital stores now!

I already bought and playing it right now!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've done 3 rounds of Nightmare. I love the fact that is mode is basically Bloody Palace combined with a Rouge-like. You have the daily sim which stays for 2 days, and picks a different for that temporary time. Then there is free sim where it will generate levels or a sim # at random. I played with Cherry, Axel, and Blaze in that order. My only problem with the game is that you have to keep playing reach certain levels to unlock new moves per character. You gain experience and getting further in to survival mode unlocks them faster. The ones they freaking advertised! Why can't they just be unlocked from the start? What's worse is that there are achievements tied to unlocking everyone's new moves! This makes 100%ing a total biatch now.

The highest level I've gotten so far is 21. Mania+ mode is for those that thought Mania was too easy. It wasn't for the record. Mania+ mode takes it even further with more enemies that turns SOR4 in to a 2D Dynasty Warriors on hyper speed! The enemies move 4 times as fast than they did before and practically matches the speed of SOR2's Mania mode. I still have to try Shiva and Estel later.

Just picked it up also and lovin it. Max Thunder powerslide spam ahoy!
Loving him already! I missed Max so much! Floyd is awesome, but he can't replace one of the best grapplers in brawler history!

Let me know, if any of you has questions.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Roo (sprite version) is a playable character. You unlock him by highliting story and then holding attack, up, and start for a few seconds. Select the story mode, pick any file, and he will be right there at the character select.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Streets 4 is one of the few games I got all the achievements for. But level 30 of Survival is just too far above my skill level, so with the new achievements it will stay incomplete. My favorite of the new bunch is Max. Which is surprising, since I'm normally not into slower characters in games.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Highest I've ever gotten in any level. Keeping those combos going is tricky. Adam is my new favorite.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Highest I've ever gotten in any level. Keeping those combos going is tricky. Adam is my new favorite.

Nice. My highest score on Hard, Stage 2 is 38,530. I'm #210. You're doing great! Adam, Cherry, Blaze, and now Max, are my favorites. Shiva too. His combos are on a whole nother level compared to everyone else.

I wonder why they got rid of the lettering by the score boards. It makes no sense. I want to see my accomplishment/failure for each character! Patch it back!

Reactions: Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Nice. My highest score on Hard, Stage 2 is 38,530. I'm #210. You're doing great! Adam, Cherry, Blaze, and now Max, are my favorites. Shiva too. His combos are on a whole nother level compared to everyone else.

I wonder why they got rid of the lettering by the score boards. It makes no sense. I want to see my accomplishment/failure for each character! Patch it back!
What's your score/world ranking in Stage 2 Mania?

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Adam: 68,116. Rank #199.
Damn. Was hoping to lord my 53403 over you. How much does a death cost you? Because it would have been higher if I hadn't depleted all my stamina (or whatever it is) without getting meat at the boss. Died there.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Damn. Was hoping to lord my 53403 over you. How much does a death cost you? Because it would have been higher if I hadn't depleted all my stamina (or whatever it is) without getting meat at the boss. Died there.
Death can cost you. If you die once, pray that it's near the end of the level or boss. I gained 5 lives thanks to keeping most of my combos in the pink or red. I didn't get the perfect bonus on that one though. Perfect bonuses cab boost your score significantly, and if you don't use your Star Moves, you can get another little bonus too.