Student Exposes My Little Pony's Faulty Science

Xeans

Jan 15, 2010
What part of "Magic" is there not to get?

It's a talking pony. With wings. It's magic, people

powergamer8

May 24, 2010
The Apothecarry said:
Remember, kids: Magic always explains what science cannot.
But according to Clarke's third law and i quote, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". There for these pony's might just be millions of years ahead of us science wise.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
this guy must have balls of steel to actually present that.
but he forgot: with number 2: the force of the fall would cause massive injuries, and hitting the target wouldnt transfer all the force onto the see-saw.
and with number 3: the same rule: impact force, with would still cause injury even if the butterflies could catch her. also, the group of butterflies would not stay as a single mass under that much force, they would break up and only slightly decrease the velocity. also, most of the butterflies would have been killed from the impact.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
It could just be the bitter nerdrage in me since I haven't seen the show and thus cannot judge it on its own merits, but a better subject would have been to expose the faulty claim that the new show comes from "the same people who did Powerpuff Girls and Foster's".

Yes, Lauren Faust was a key developer in both series, but the creator was her husband, Craig McCracken... who as far as I can tell IS NOT involved with this series. So no, it's not "the same people", much like the Powerpuff Girls are not the Powerpuff Girls without Chemical X.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks that the ponies are kinda creepy? They are certainly not cute. They got these huge eyes and enormous heads and bright colors and everything. Makes everything look disgustingly artificial.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Huh. I have that exact same model of laptop. (Asus N50Vn, if I'm not mistaken.) I can tell by the popup volume-level graphic.

It sucks.

Kidding. It's OK, but after several years of use it is quite apparently where the obvious flaws lie.

On topic: This guy is going to earn heaping helpings of derision or respect; it's an even guess which. Respect for doing this in high school, though - the bonds of peer approval are hard to break.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Pfft. I bet next he'll try and point out all of Gurren Lagaan's flaws. Anyone attending that presentation better bring a snack, lemme tell ya!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Korak the Mad said:
Gigaguy64 said:
ಠ_ಠ
Im...just....wow...
What haven't those freaking ponies taintedtouched?
A glue factory
What do they do with horses at a glue factory?

Do I want to know?

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
The science... it's...
http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy33/StarPit/My%20little%20pony/1302209638606.jpg?t=1306350378

Cap said:
Logan Westbrook said:
As part of a high school science assignment to determine how real the physics in movies and TV shows is, student "Stephen Magnet" has revealed the shockingly low standards of scientific research that goes into the average My Little Pony episode.
Uuuuuh...
I'll just point out that that isn't quite right.
Quit whining, pony! The avatar makes this too perfect an opportunity to miss.

Imp Emissary said:
Korak the Mad said:
Gigaguy64 said:
ಠ_ಠ
Im...just....wow...
A glue factory
What do they do with horses at a glue factory?

Do I want to know?
They... uh... make them work for minimum wages and with only one week of yearly holidays.

Namewithheld

Apr 30, 2008
Hobo Steve said:
Anyway my main question is, the series is called My Little Pony, so where the fuck are all the damn ponies?
We got Unicorns and Pegasii aplenty but jack all Ponies.
They are pegasii ponies, unicorn ponies, and earth ponies.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
Quaxar said:
The science... it's...
http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy33/StarPit/My%20little%20pony/1302209638606.jpg?t=1306350378

Cap said:
Logan Westbrook said:
As part of a high school science assignment to determine how real the physics in movies and TV shows is, student "Stephen Magnet" has revealed the shockingly low standards of scientific research that goes into the average My Little Pony episode.
Uuuuuh...
Quit whining, pony!
I think it's pretty legitimate to point out that Logan confused the kid's name with a character on the show. Even if it is an unofficial name.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
The Jakeinator said:
I love the Brony community. I really do. They are all so random.
We are just so random, like Pinkie Pie. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PVfMaMjb30]

Gigaguy64 said:
ಠ_ಠ
Im...just....wow...
Nothing! They've even touched Gundam therefore making it even more awesome.
[image width=300]http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/122/381/MY%20HOOF%20OF%20MINE%20IS%20BURNING%20RED....jpg?1305140991[/IMG]

HankMan said:
He failed to factor in the power of Friendship!
You win for the day, and take this as your prize.

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Quaxar said:
Cap said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Uuuuuh...
Quit whining, pony! The avatar makes this too perfect an opportunity to miss.
Aaaand that's another thing. I would appreciate it if you'd stop calling me "Pony"
I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such. You may call me "Cap'n" or "Evey" or "Cap'n Evey"

--------------

Whining? I am not whining. I am complaining.
Do you want to hear whining?

Thiiiiiis is whining!
Oooooh, these rule are too strict! They're going to stop my views, can't you loosen them?
Oooh! I got wrathed! And it's so unfair!!!
Why won't you listen to my appeals? I'm going to leave this site!
This health bar's too unfair! Why do I have to have it on displaaaaaay?