Student Rocks Out for Seven Hours, Breaks Rock Band 2 Record

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I can pass the Endless Setlist on Expert without stopping (shiny achievement to prove for it) but 14 million points? That's quite good.

I still think if anyone from the RB/GH fansite ScoreHero got in on any of this they would tear it up in a second. Those nutters played EVERY song in a row! Including DLC....that about a 1000 songs right there.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Does anyone else think it's hilarious that a game has an achievement that makes you break a WORLD RECORD to get it? I'm not sure but on the ps3 I think that trophy isn't even platinum. I think it's gold.

Blimey said:
aaronmcc said:
If only this got him as many chicks as a real drummer
Don't kid yourself, I've been playing drums for 10 years and it gets me shit-all. I always tell people to be guitarists. They get more chicks. Always.
No dude, play the banjo. I played Banjo in a Prog-Metal band (don't ask) got way more tail than when I sang and played Bass in a Ska band... though that might have something to do with the genres.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
IzisviAziria said:
On PS3, there's a trophy called the "Iron Bladder Trophy" for playing the entire setlist without pausing. I'm sure 360 has an equivalent.

However, there are a few songs where you'd probably have time (The Trees comes to mind, as well as perhaps Pinball Wizard). That probably would have voided his world record though.
I know with the guitar at least, you can leave for a couple shots down at the bar and maybe a smoke break during Let There Be Rock.

There's a few of the earlier songs in the list that don't sound like they have much of anything going on during long stretches for the drummer (Nine in the Afternoon comes to mind.)

Viruzzo

Jun 10, 2009
IzisviAziria said:
Aenir said:
I...I just don't get it. They can't even pause long enough to take a piss???
On PS3, there's a trophy called the "Iron Bladder Trophy" for playing the entire setlist without pausing. I'm sure 360 has an equivalent.

However, there are a few songs where you'd probably have time (The Trees comes to mind, as well as perhaps Pinball Wizard). That probably would have voided his world record though.
It's "The Bladder of Steel Award" on the 360.

JEBWrench said:
There's a few of the earlier songs in the list that don't sound like they have much of anything going on during long stretches for the drummer (Nine in the Afternoon comes to mind.)
Actually, drums it's the instrument with less long pauses as far as I've seen (you always have to do something, even though it may be a hit every few seconds). Vocals OFC may have more, but I doubt that anyone can do 84 songs legit on vocals.
Since I usually start not feeling my foot after 3-4 songs on hard, I find this feat even more impressive. It's definitely harder to do this on drums than on guitar (let alone bass).

evilgrim

Nov 18, 2009
Ugh.. I hate stuff like this..

Games are just that.
They're meant to be enjoyed!
If they start causing physical pain on you then something's wrong..
Very wrong..

But kudos to him for getting his name into a book.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Aenir said:
I...I just don't get it. They can't even pause long enough to take a piss???
it's seven hours, just have a meal a nice rest and youre ready to start.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
It's things like this that really make me skeptical of Guinness Records now. I mean i enjoy games but is this really a life changing acheivement?

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
SavingPrincess said:
They really have records for anything now don't they? I'm sure I could find some videogame related thing to break if necessary... maybe a group of us can get together and incrementally break some records so that we could repeatedly take advantage of the $5000 prize?
Cost.
$5000 cost for the adjudicator.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Wow, I can't even do two songs on Expert on Drums.

Seriously, I can only do ONE song on expert drums. :(

Count Lieberkuhn

Jul 31, 2008
I've actually done this. I don't think I got as many points as that, but I did once sit down and do The Endless Setlist 2 on Expert Drums without pausing or retrying... If only I knew it was a world record :eek: