Study Finds That Humans Get Weirdly Aroused When They Touch Robots

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
infohippie said:
Casual Shinji said:
I guess it's sort of a kinkier cyber version of spin the bottle.

By the way, does this mean we'll soon enter an age where robots will teach us lonely, inexperienced nerds how to love? Cause... I-I'm okay with that.
Not if social "scientists" have any say in the matter. There is already a push to ban the development of sexbots.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34118482
Yeah, good luck with that. Nothing can stop he tide of horny losers just clamoring for robo nookie.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
This reminds me of the classic claim that people in the Victorian era would find exposed table legs scandalously suggestive of a hiked-up skirt, and clamor for decent, floor-length table cloths. Whether it's really true I couldn't say, not being quite that old.

I wonder if we should regard the loss of general (I know there are exceptions) ability to get horny over furniture as sad somehow. Seems so... refined.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
StatusNil said:
This reminds me of the classic claim that people in the Victorian era would find exposed table legs scandalously suggestive of a hiked-up skirt, and clamor for decent, floor-length table cloths. Whether it's really true I couldn't say, not being quite that old.

I wonder if we should regard the loss of general (I know there are exceptions) ability to get horny over furniture as sad somehow. Seems so... refined.
I dont think you have been to that part of the internet yet. I have seen many many things got into a vagina and butt. Plus there is that whole car fetish thing where people get sexually close, to down close, to their cars. Or someone else's. Humans do find it hard to commit to one thing at a time.

Horny humans. Naughty humans.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Lizzy Finnegan said:
"Our work shows that robots are a new form of media that is particularly powerful. It shows that people respond to robots in a primitive, social way...
Wait... Since when are robots a form of media?
Doesn't it require media to be an expression of something? What is the construction of robots expresses that is different than the construction of hammers, beds or houses? (and you don't hear architects calling their craft "medium")

OT: Nothing new here. If the study was titled "humans get weirdly aroused about pretty much anything" is would be disregarded as well known. Luckily, the study was made by mechanical engineers and not psychologists.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I would assume that humans get aroused when touching humanoid objects that aren't necessarily robots. I mean, there's all those creepy videos of old men grinding on shopping mall dolls for example.

So I'm not surprised by these findings but I don't think it's specific to robots.

syaoran728

Aug 4, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
syaoran728 said:
Caramel Frappe said:
This should surprise me, but it doesn't ... humans are known to get aroused by almost anything.

If aliens came to Earth, humans would make love to them if the opportunity presented itself. If mythical creatures came into existance and they looked remotely human, we'd do the same thing to them. So when robots / androids eventually become a thing, we'll try making love to them too >_> we're horny creatures after all.
Your avatar is proof that humans will try and fuck anything.
To be fair, Miia is a Lamia (half human, half snake) which shouldn't be taboo whatsoever.

People fantasize about mermaids all the time and they're half human / half fish. I don't see how Lamias are any different. :p
Hey I like warm lamia cuddles as much as any one else. I'm just pointing out that Monster Musume and the growing monster girl genre in manga(especially H-manga) is proof that humans will fuck anything.