Aug 12, 2009
tonyl said:
Abengoshis said:
tonyl said:
Abengoshis said:
theheroofaction said:
Hero in a half shell said:
theheroofaction said:
Just so you guys know, minotaurs are biologically possible.

Yeah I think minotaurs exist, but only because some jerk decides he likes banging cows.
What?! I'm pretty sure its impossible to cross breed humans and cows. Otherwise... well lets not think about that. *Puts on nerd hat* And anyway, the Minotaur was originally a single unique mythical creature owned by King Minos of Crete, not a species of creatures.
Hey, I've seen the results of multiple species fucking, yes different species can reproduce, but their children wouldn't be able to.
And hey, some guy would probably have liked the minotaur story enough to bang a cow.
Species such as tigers and lions, yes. Species such as donkeys and horses, yes. See a trend? Similarity. Humans aren't very much like cows...
If the animals dont have the same amnt of chromosomes they cannot reproduce, End of story,
Why are you telling me? Tell the person I quoted.

It seemed like u may not have known, other than that....sorry for the inconvenience
I study A level biology so, yeah, I know. :) Thanks for trying anyway. :)

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
I believe Picard never got out of the Rift in "Generations".

This nicely explains absolutely everything that subsequently happens, not only in "Generations" but also in EVERY SINGLE AWFUL ST:NG MOVIE THAT FOLLOWED. Plot holes, unnecessary laser-cannon-toting dune buggies, dressing like Amish who shop at JC Penney, defeating the Borg with a smile and a bad action-movie vine-swing, et cetera et cetera...

He's stuck in the Rift, permanently, living a fantasy life contained entirely in his imagination.

..unfortunately, this still doesn't explain away Red Matter. >^>

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Bags159 said:
Spongebob Squarepants! He's down there, I tells ye! For the same reason you believe the Kraken exists!

In all seriousness, I can't think of anything I believe in that doesn't officially exist.
The Kraken does exist in one form at least. As a fantastic black rum and the basis for a Plantation Mojito (a drink that I'm going to call a personal invention. Basically it is a Mojito, a drink of white rum, soda water, sugar and mint but rather than a white rum you use a black rum and a raw sugar rather than a white sugar. The resulting drink is basically the color of Tea and is, as far as sweet alcoholic kicks in the face go, damn delicious).

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
Hero in a half shell said:
theheroofaction said:

Yeah I think minotaurs exist, but only because some jerk decides he likes banging cows.
What?! I'm pretty sure its impossible to cross breed humans and cows. Otherwise... well lets not think about that. *Puts on nerd hat* And anyway, the Minotaur was originally a single unique mythical creature owned by King Minos of Crete, not a species of creatures.

Speaking of....

http://oglaf.com/labyrinth/

DragonBorn96

Jan 17, 2011
Aliens and the Flying Spaghetti Monster unless Pastafarianism is oficially recognized as a religion, if so then woop! Oh and Dragons, I love 'em

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Ghosts....If I see a location that is "haunted" my say is if they do or do not exists.

Though there is no DEFINITIVE proof that God exists, I believe in him. Science may uncover miraculous things but I still think God is out there.

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
I believe in aliens and magic.
Cthulhu F'taghen

I also believe there is a girl who thinks I'm attractive and cool.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Science and the many extremists they have that hold to the belief that our physical matter should govern our thoughts.

That science has the right to dictate whether or not we believe in higher powers or not.

It's just mankind naming for itself what does and doesn't exist only a scale of provable to non-provable. Is there truly more arrogant of a claim that mankind can decide on the basis of matter and physical properties testable as to the existence of higher beings than ourselves?

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
conflictofinterests said:
Psychicflash666 said:
strangemoose said:
slender man...
I second this o_O, there's a creepy tree outside my window and I still refuse to look out at night.

Also, Loch Ness monster, Kraken, Chupacabra and Bigfoot. Basically any cryptozoological creature I like to believe in. It's just fun.

And, this;
Seriously, either that's Cthulhu, the Cloverfield monster, or something else enormous lurks down there D:
Something blew a bubble underwater, what do you want? When you hear bubbles, think whales, not kraken (adapted from When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebra)
If you watch the whole thing it goes into more detail. The bloops was audible 5,000 kilometers away, which is too loud for any known organism to make.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Aliens, I mean the intelligent kind.

Maybe we've been 'visited' by aliens or maybe not but it's silly to assume we're the only living beings in the entire universe.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Nothing. I don't beleive in anything until I've "seen" it whether that be with my own eyes, TV, photo's.

I'm no fun.

Belated

Feb 2, 2011
I think there's definitely SOME kind of gigantic sea creature down there. Mostly because of the "bloop" noise. Our technology is not yet advanced enough to dive that deep. But if we find a way to get down there some day, I'm sure we'll find the biggest creature ever documented. And then it will eat the explorers.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I believe in honesty and gender equality, but neither can truly exist because there will always be at least two subsets of people fighting for gender superiority. Also, boasting/deception nowadays, is literally the only way one can attain anything they desire, be it a job, a promotion in their chosen field, friendship, sex, etc.

I also believe rocket-propelled chainsaws can be viable in combat. Ooh, and funnily enough, I believe that fish twice the size of the blue whale exist somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, somewhere near, or in, the abyssal levels.

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
I believe in the existence of freedom, though I've never seen any trace of it in our society.

theheroofaction said:
...no they aren't :3

OT:
I WANT to believe in this stuff. I really WANT to. But I don't and can't.

The most likely supernatural thing imo, though, is probably ghosts.