Stuff you hope to see and be able to do in Fallout 4

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
More radiation hot-spots, and kit needed to get in there and salvage the goodies. Radiation in F3 and New Vegas usually didn't amount to anything more than a minor bother.

The survival mechanics from New Vegas. They did a lot to give the enviroment some weight, and gave food and fresh water the importance they ought to have. Just making them worth the trouble bringing along will do.

Invulnerability to the dog, please. He looks so cute in the pictures, and I just want to cuddle and hug and pet his big fuzzy face, but if I know he'll just run off to die in a minefield, I just won't have the heart to get attached to him. One Dogmeat-experience was one enough.

BloatedGuppy said:
I'd also like to see some variation in factions/tech. Everyone creamed themselves when the flying power armor made its appearance but I groaned internally. I'm so, so tired of the Brotherhood of fucking Steel and their fucking power armor. The games constantly push you towards using it, and as a result by late game all Fallout protagonists are functionally identical looking. It's boring.
Agreed, I've had a bit much of the sodding bruvvahood myself, and power armour really ought to be as rare and valuable as everyone in the setting bigs it up to be.

But at least there's been improvement. The power armour in F3 and Vegas were just like putting on a slightly clinky shirt. It seems they've put some emphasis on making the armour feel and behave like it ought to. If the whole customisation thing also includes some aestetical possibilities, it'll be all fine and well.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Being able to join different factions, instead of Fallout 3 where you were working for the bad guys but still helping the good guys until you screw them over after the final battle.

Being able to not recruit the dog.

Having skills.

Being able to wear power armour whenever I want to instead of retarded vehicle sections.

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
Slaves... I got an aweful lot of satisfaction from wrapping a collar around the necks of some people. Kinda wish most of them didn't cease to exists afterwards. Would be great if you can create a slave settlement and become a true plague upon the waste.

BarryMcCociner

Feb 23, 2015
Javetts Eall Raksha said:
fix it.

I for one will be throwing money at modders to fix the dialogue option limit, and adding back in the skills. maybe we might get condition back.

really i'll play the main story and not much else, until i can role play again.
It seems that they're picking up the Skyrim skill system. I'd be fine with that if they kept perks.

BarryMcCociner

Feb 23, 2015
Ryan Minns said:
Slaves... I got an aweful lot of satisfaction from wrapping a collar around the necks of some people. Kinda wish most of them didn't cease to exists afterwards. Would be great if you can create a slave settlement and become a true plague upon the waste.
See, the thing about that is if you could whip a collar around someones neck I'd want to be able to whip a collar around ANYONE'S neck. And if I can do that there'll be NOBODY left to sell slaves to.

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
Several things I want to see were posted in here already, so...

I'll go with 'cloth physics'. I don't want to see my awesome longcoat glued to my butt like in prior Bethesda games.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
fix it.

I for one will be throwing money at modders to fix the dialogue option limit, and adding back in the skills. maybe we might get condition back.

Where did they say they removed skills?

Javetts Eall Raksha

May 28, 2014
bat32391 said:
fix it.

Where did they say they removed skills?
well MRMattyPlays was explaining it, but apparently they are returning. if you press the interaction button on the special stats, it shows the skills associated to that special stat.

so don't worry i was wrong.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Ryan Minns said:
Do somthing like in Fallout 2 where if your a slaver your karma is pretty much always bad and you have alot of people who are auto hostile if you go near em. I want to be a slaver

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
I want the return of hardcore mode, but having resources to be consumed even faster.
I much less carrying ability.
I want NPCs to consume the same resources as you do, no matter if it's food, water or ammo. I want every NPC to be able to starving to death. I want every NPC to be able to get debuffs because of sleep deprivation.
I want resources and people to be brought in by caravans, instead of just magically appear. And I want to be able to ambush the caravans.
I want all quests to be unmarked. I want information gathering to be a major component. I want to be able to bug radios, with bugs I have to make, after finding the recipe and parts myself. I want to be able to beat the game by just stealing and selling information.
I want to be able to beat the game by just killing scouting parties.
I want there to be barely be enough ammo, so you always are almost out.
I want to be able to blow up entry passes, so no caravans can come that way for some time.
I want to be able to blow up weapon depots, so NPCs don't have guns anymore.
I want the game to not even pretend it actually has a story line.
I want the whole bloody thing to just be a guerilla wars simulator.

And I want Charcharo to ask if I have played S.T.A.L.K.E.R yet, because that's sounds like the game I describing, but just isn't.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Goliath100 said:
Snipppy

And I want Charcharo to ask if I have played S.T.A.L.K.E.R yet, because that's sounds like the game I describing, but just isn't.
Have you played FONV with JSawyer mod? makes the game more to what you want and im sure a few other mods could help with that but I agree that would be some fun options to have in the game but id like to add taking over a place and forcing them to bend to your will

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
Veldie said:
Have you played FONV with JSawyer mod?
I have tried to install the bounty hunter mod, never gotten it to work.
...id like to add taking over a place and forcing them to bend to your will
Giving that what I'm describing isn't an RPG, but an RTS portending to be Hitman in a Sandbox, yeah, that's totally possible.

And actually, it was just the beginning:
I want all weapons to kill everyone in 1-4 hits.
I want improved stealth system. I want to one-hit knock out people with chloroform, with limited chloroform. I want blood and guts to alert guards. I want all silencers to be poor-man's silencers that only works once and have to be crafted by me.
I want to be able to steal documents that tells me when to expect caravans (among other things). And I want that information to have the possibility to be compromised/wrong if I steal the documents. I want to be able to sell the information to different faction. I want the faction lose trust in me of it's wrong. I want the only way to avoid compromised information to be to stealth through bases without leaving any trace (like knock out/dead guards) that I were there, and bring a camera that actually demands film.
I want to smuggle weapons to slave so they revolt.
I want to set fire to crop fields. And poison water/food supplies.
I want a debuff on NPCs if their settlement is losing a lot of/important people.
I want to take over a faction by defeating their leader in 1v1 combat.
I want new and different faction to move to abandon bases.
I want to the amount I carry to increase the rate of tiredness.
And I want to be able to beat the game by just gathering parts for a military vehicle.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Man, I agree with many of the wishes here.
Got two things right now, I want karma to not be a thing anymore. Make it a rep system if have to have something but make it more involved.
I want the family to cease being a thing after the intro at the very latest.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I sincerely hope Bethesda have been looking into the mods players made for FO:3 and NV, and using that to help determine what players want... well, realistically anyway (I know there are some very dopey mods out there). I'd really like more of a survival feel to it. Hard Core mode in New Vegas was a step in the right direction with managing food & hydration, and having ammunition weigh something, but I'd love it taken even further.

Make food & water harder to come by, with the necessity to hunt now and again. Food in New Vegas was never a concern, given that you could raid almost any building and find tonnes of food still intact & edible.

It'd also be nice to be able to make your own motorbike, having the gather the necessary materials (and books for information on how to put them together), with the need to find fuel to make it run. If it runs out of gas in the middle of the wasteland, you're gonna need to go find some and bring it back to refuel. Every time you leave it alone outside a building for a long time, and without a companion to watch over it, there's a chance that raiders will take it (but you can follow the tracks and take it back from them).

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
VincentX3 said:
Be able to ride my horse vertically up a mountain.

What?
Mutant horses! I forgot I wanted those!

I'd like one of those, please. Imagine, being a wasteland cossack...

<youtube=PGRt7Fq86_4>

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
Muspelheim said:
VincentX3 said:
Be able to ride my horse dog vertically up a mountain building.

What?
Mutant horses! I forgot I wanted those!

I'd like one of those, please. Imagine, being a wasteland cossack...

<youtube=PGRt7Fq86_4>
More mutant animals would be great. Especially since it's 200 years after the nuclear fallout began so it has more chances of showing the effects of long lasting environmental radiation.

But I was mostly saying that since... Skyrim Engine... and yea horses we're like fuck gravity.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
VincentX3 said:
More mutant animals would be great. Especially since it's 200 years after the nuclear fallout began so it has more chances of showing the effects of long lasting environmental radiation.

But I was mostly saying that since... Skyrim Engine... and yea horses we're like fuck gravity.
There's a lot of lovely, lovely mutants out there, but a few more wouldn't hurt. Doesn't all have to be hideous, vicious apex predators either, just a few critters hobbling around would do to set the scene a bit.

If there would be horses in F4, I'd hope they retained their can-do spirit from Skyrim. My horse stomped faces with the best of 'em, hardly had to do anything but jogg along, loot the puddles and reign him in again.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
Muspelheim said:
VincentX3 said:

There's a lot of lovely, lovely mutants out there, but a few more wouldn't hurt. Doesn't all have to be hideous, vicious apex predators either, just a few critters hobbling around would do to set the scene a bit.

If there would be horses in F4, I'd hope they retained their can-do spirit from Skyrim. My horse stomped faces with the best of 'em, hardly had to do anything but jogg along, loot the puddles and reign him in again.
Even if there aren't horses, I can already see modders adding\porting them over and being able to vertically climb buildings.

It'll be a great day.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
be gay

I mean I dont' expect a full on Bioware romance arc but I want room to RP it ya know?