Stuff you watched as a kid.....but cant remember

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Kitten DeLux said:
All i remember it was based in space. it was an anime and the girls had stars on their boobs
First thing that comes to mind is Gurren Lagann, but it's not that old. Anything else?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I remember a Movie that aired on Cartoon Network when I was about 8. It was in the style of "The Hungry Caterpillar" Book, and it was about a man and a bear with glasses who could shapeshift, going to save a girl from some villain. All I remember is a scene where they get out of their book and into the real world for a short period of time, and the end where the man is dead and the bear, in his rage, turns into a regular bear and pushes the villain off a cliff.

I probably dreamed it up or something but I would swear it's real.

Spectrix

Oct 20, 2008
NegaWiki said:
This one anime I think, it had some guy who became engaged to this catgirl even though he already had a love interest. He freed her? That is literally all I remember.
Could it be Urusei Yatsura? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urusei_Yatsura

I vaguely remember a show that aired early Saturday morning on Fox. I think it was about two groups of mech-pilots who compete in some game. There was the evil hardened military group and the good guys were a bunch of inexperienced teenagers. I remember loving the show but I cannot remember its name and it's been bugging me recently.

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
hellobanana said:
Nostalgia Ripoff said:
There was this one I remember from when Toon Disney was around. It played at, like 10 so it was rare for me to watch it (I was pretty in second grade, so I went to bed at 9), but I remember a few details about it.

The main character had purple hair and wore a gold suit of armor. He traveled with some princess and a giant cat... thing. It had some weird mechanic that used cards to transform into more powerful versions of themselves. Think seasons 3 and 4 of Digimon rolled into one.

Also, hover disk. The main character had a disc thing he would ride around on.

I think you're talking about Shinzo [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinzo]. I keep forgetting the name of that show, even though I loved it when I was younger.
I remember that show it was so freaking weird.

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
I remember a show on toon Disney show that was super fucked up with robot monkeys and this human i can't remember anything else about it.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
azzxl said:
I remember a show on toon Disney show that was super fucked up with robot monkeys and this human i can't remember anything else about it.
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force GO. Gods, that's a long title...

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
I remember a Movie that aired on Cartoon Network when I was about 8. It was in the style of "The Hungry Caterpillar" Book, and it was about a man and a bear with glasses who could shapeshift, going to save a girl from some villain. All I remember is a scene where they get out of their book and into the real world for a short period of time, and the end where the man is dead and the bear, in his rage, turns into a regular bear and pushes the villain off a cliff.

It's real, I know what your talking about actually but I too do not remember the name of the movie.

EDIT: movie, not show. Lord, my grandmother does the same thing.....

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
otakon17 said:
Mr.Mattress said:

It's real, I know what your talking about actually but I too do not remember the name of the show.
It wasn't a show: It was definitely a movie, cause I remember that little animation where that woman's trying to start her torch right before it started...

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
otakon17 said:
azzxl said:
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force GO. Gods, that's a long title...
Thank you i remember the show being pretty good.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Atticus89 said:
Toy Master Typhus said:
@Shadowstar38 That was tenchi muyo.

There was an anime from Toonami also on Cartoonnetwork (No suprise there) about a bunch of samurai, they were color coded with the red one being the leader, and during season 2 i think they combined to be this white samurai on a horse with a witchblade/two swords combined at the hilt.
I think you might be talking about a show called Ronin Warriors.
That is correct!

OT: There was this one show where one of the characters was (brace yourself for this) a red monkey-bird. I also remember two of the most common catchphrases were "Shungo Lungo!" and "Noidra Tot!" (synonyms for "Holy Shit!," "OMG!," etc.)

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
The Brave Little Toaster. Other than the "Worthless" bit I saw on YouTube recently, I don't remember a damn thing from that movie, and I loved it.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
shadyh8er said:
Atticus89 said:
Toy Master Typhus said:
@Shadowstar38 That was tenchi muyo.

There was an anime from Toonami also on Cartoonnetwork (No suprise there) about a bunch of samurai, they were color coded with the red one being the leader, and during season 2 i think they combined to be this white samurai on a horse with a witchblade/two swords combined at the hilt.
I think you might be talking about a show called Ronin Warriors.
That is correct!

OT: There was this one show where one of the characters was (brace yourself for this) a red monkey-bird. I also remember two of the most common catchphrases were "Shungo Lungo!" and "Noidra Tot!" (synonyms for "Holy Shit!," "OMG!," etc.)
The Pirates of Dark Water. Great damn show, too bad it was never finished. I always thought it was "Chungo Lungo" and "Noijha Tut" myself though. The monkey-bird's name was Niddler.

LoganN64

Sep 13, 2010
This is a tough one: one day in November( a few days before Remembrance day/Veterans Day) i was watching Teletoon (Canadian equivalent of Cartoon Network) and they were showing an animated film about World War 1, it consisted of a team of soccer(foot ball) players getting drafted in to the British army to fight in World War 1 eventually they all die at the end, and the last scene has one of the main characters lying in a shell crater dying with a german soldier who is also dying. before they die the german soldier shows a photo of his family and then the british soldier shows a photo of his soccer team... i managed to find the name once, but now i cant find it at all, it like i imagined it. im not 100% sure if it was made by the Canadian Film board or some small british animation studio. it had a look similar to roto-scoping.

i hope thats enough info.

HalfBakedCheeto

Aug 20, 2011
penguindude42 said:
HalfBakedCheeto said:
I remember watching this animoo film on TV when i was about 12. It was this weird robotic wasteland with robots cleaning up metal scrapy stuff off the floor, and this boy is found in the trash by this robot and he brings him up, then he kinda gets the hots for this robotic girl blah de blah de blah.
ASTRO BOY. :D

Who else remembers that one cartoon where this kid teams up with some robot monkeys?
But there wasn't a professor or anything, and he was just a regular new-age tarzan. D: (Plus i used to watch Astro Boy a lot, still do >.>)

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
decaying dead said:
Azure Knight-Zeo said:
MarlonBlazed said:
Azure Knight-Zeo said:
I generally remember the names of most cartoons I watched as a kid, but there was this show that was like ReBoot meets Transfromers, where these good guys and bad guys jump out of cyberspace and into the real world where they turn household objects into transforming vehicles, and for the life of my I can't remember the name.
I came to this topic hoping to find the answer to this very show. I've actually been wondering this for a few years. All I can remember is that it was more like power rangers then transformers since it was all live action with cheesy effects but maybe where thinking of two diff shows.

From a quick search of keywords all I can find is VR Troppers but I know it's not this show just by watching its intro on youtube. Any help by anyone reading this would be greatly appreciated, I don't want a brain tumor over a show from the 90s.
I remember VR Troopers, but the one I was thinking of was animated. I'm not sure if it was a stand alone OVA or a series because I only had the one VHS, where it started.
I never got to watch VR troopers, it always aired right after i had to leave for school.

If you are talking about the show that i think you are, its called Super Human Samurai Syber Squad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv_Z0iPCq2M&feature=related
No it's not that, although I did forget about that too. I mentioned above that the show I'm trying to remember is animated and I think it used some CGI at times. One of these days I'm going to go through our old VHS tapes to try and find it.

EDIT: my brother just told me that it was a movie, not a series.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I just remembered another show from the 90s I forgot the name of, it was a "radical animal" show like Ninja Turtles and Street Sharks but it involved four (I think) dinosaurs anthropamorpised by a blue skined alien to fight with his peace loving sister, but after they didn't want to fight he ditched them and used three raptors (I forget the leader's name but I know he had hydrolic-like-jaws and a beam gun, one was called Riptor and used claws, and the other one was called Spitter, guess what his weapon was) as the series' bad guys. After a fight they later made it into present time.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Thw first anime I watched. I saw it on the SciFi channel back in 2000. Only saw the one scene where the woman is sitting naked and having a telepathic conversation with a machine.

11 freakin years later and I still don't know what it's called.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok I remember this live action show somewhere around the early 90's. All I can remember is the show is about the employees working in some kind of a fast food place like Mcdonald.
That shouldn't be too hard to find due to the theme and being live action but I cannot remember the name of the show at all.