Stupid names that parents give their children...

Ailyth

Oct 1, 2009
Baldry said:
valkyriewinged said:
Baldry said:
Well it reaches that time to have I child I shall name them Chewbacca, Im such a loving guy
i actually know a kid named chewbacca! 0.0
Wow...Ive been beaten to the punch, oh well im still going thourgh with the plan....Whats there last name
actaully their last name is buttars. 0.0 i know..lol

Silvance

Jul 15, 2009
Captain Falkenburg is from some medieval legend, the guy was cursed to wonder the North sea for eternity playing dice with the devil for his soul.

That's a pretty awesome name.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
piez13 said:
Just wondering - does anyone consider Nigal to be a poor name? Asking my peers turns out to be very stupid, unsurprisingly.
My uncle is called Nigal, nothing wrong wih that name. On a different note i think these parents should be a ashamed. jesus christ how selfish can you be, making your childs life hard (and lowering their self esteem) for a laugh. Silly asshats. I personally make it my goal to find people with stupid names and get them to yell at their parents until its legally changed.

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
There's a whole Lewis Black routine on this. Apparently, parents have named their kids shithead, asshole, and abcde (pronounced ab-sah-day).

nairb1582

Jan 15, 2009
My absolute favorite is Obamaniqua, and I don't think I have to tell you what race of people came up with that one. Ah public school, when will you fail to disappoint.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
I remember meeting a girl whose name was Temptress. I was like, "really? Shouldn't it be the child's choice whether or not everyone's going to think she's a slut".

L24z13L

Jul 1, 2009
When my younger brother was in elementary school there was a kid in his class named Pony. I didn't belive him the first time he told me.

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
Too bored to see if this was said before, but I saw an article that said a parent had named her child "Le-a".
How would you pronounce that? Lay-uh, lee-uh? Nope. It's le-dash-uh.

L-E-DASH-A

It's not even called a dash! It's a hyphen! Technically, your child's name is pronounced le-hi-fen-uh.

Some people...

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
ace_of_something said:
edit: I feel a thin underlying layer of minor racism in this thread.

Kuchinawa212 said:
It's not just a name but stuff that gets to the VII or the IX. I mean can you not be more creative then name your child the same thing for 9 generations?
hey! Speaking as someone who has a name with a IV at the end of it I take exception to that. Technically I should be V but the first Thor had a different last name so we're all one number behind. So instead my nephew is Thor V.
O.O
Heyyyy Umm no up to V is okay with me =D but about the time you get to 10 or so...

Sorry to offend you or your nephew

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Kuchinawa212 said:
ace_of_something said:
edit: I feel a thin underlying layer of minor racism in this thread.

Kuchinawa212 said:
It's not just a name but stuff that gets to the VII or the IX. I mean can you not be more creative then name your child the same thing for 9 generations?
hey! Speaking as someone who has a name with a IV at the end of it I take exception to that. Technically I should be V but the first Thor had a different last name so we're all one number behind. So instead my nephew is Thor V.
O.O
Heyyyy Umm no up to V is okay with me =D but about the time you get to 10 or so...

Sorry to offend you or your nephew
Naw, it's okay we're cool. My nephew is like 9 11 months old so I'm sure he doesn't mind either.

L24z13L said:
When my younger brother was in elementary school there was a kid in his class named Pony. I didn't belive him the first time he told me.
Maybe his parents liked [a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outsiders_(novel)]the outsiders[/a]? You should've told him to stay golden.

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
Haha I have a friend with the middle name Zetterquist. I've also heard the name Scribner before. Imagine having the nickname 'scribble' all throughout high school. =-/

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
valkyriewinged said:
Baldry said:
valkyriewinged said:
Baldry said:
Well it reaches that time to have I child I shall name them Chewbacca, Im such a loving guy
i actually know a kid named chewbacca! 0.0
Wow...Ive been beaten to the punch, oh well im still going thourgh with the plan....Whats there last name
actaully their last name is buttars. 0.0 i know..lol

WOW. I don't think I can ever beat that....thats to.....epic....and Hilairious

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
Wind, sundance, and flora are the weirdest names
my advise is lay off the LSD when naming kids