Stupid Server rules.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
Simply put, what server rules have you come across that made you wonder if the administrators for said sever where mad?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I've encountered hilarious rules (like melee only and no sniping), but never bad rules.

If I did find a server with bad rules, I would quit.

Fauxity

Sep 5, 2009
One server where you weren't allowed to attack the admins at all.

You'd be banned if you did.

Then they bragged about their high kill / death ratio. Naturally.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
Fauxity said:

That's just admin abuse, you should report it if it's on a game that has some form of report system.

The one that always irked me was a No Swearing rule in COD WaW. I mean, that game's meant for people 17+ (at least in the states) and though I full well know that both kids under 17 do play the game and that nobody wants to walk into a profanity firestorm, their zero tolerance for swears was a bit absurd.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
I got banned from a game for sniping once. The thing that ticked me off? I was only sniping because the host was, and he banned me because I was better than him at it.

Fauxity

Sep 5, 2009
QuirkyTambourine said:
Fauxity said:

That's just admin abuse, you should report it if it's on a game that has some form of report system.
It was a long time ago. Probably should have, though.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
No protecting your artillary with anti-air (World in Conflict).

While I thought it was a stupid rule, I respected it because the server was otherwise decent.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Basically any time the server rule says, "Don't use or do X" without removing said element from the game. Any time there's "No sniping" but the sniper rifle is still on the map is basically just a trap.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I don't like the "Don't jump around corners as it's not realistic" in Cod4. Most of the time I tend to lean around anyway and be quiet but if it's one on one and we both know where each other are, I tend to be slightly more quirky with movements, including jumping around.

So it's rare it affects me, but annoying nonetheless.

monalith

Nov 24, 2008
there was one in bf 2142 which was knife only. lets just say that the rule tended to dissapeer around halfway through :)

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Fauxity said:
If that server was part of a larger clan's server base you should have reported them, they'd have lost their admin rights in double quick time. If it's just some dick's idea of upping their stats with a their own server then it's a what-can-yer-do.

I've been on a few servers where only the admins could Teamkill, even one accidental tk would get you kicked whilst the admin ran around betraying with impunity.