Stupid teachers.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
I had a Maths teacher that was so bad at her job that one day she got two kids to teach the and all they ever do is take the piss out of each other and they still managed to teach us something that she couldn't and she ended up losing her job because it proved how bad at her job she was.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
In Primary school we had a rounders tournament every year (It's like baseball except easier.)

In P7 (10-11 year olds) as the oldest class in the school we got to pick teams. The captains were chosen out of a hat, and they got to pick their own vice captains, overseen by our teacher. One of the captains choose me as their vice captain, while I wouldn't be the most sporty in the class, I was still well above average at being able to hit the ball. This didn't stop the teacher from remarking, in front of the entire class, "Oh, you've picked him, I've no idea why." In a completely condescending way.

That was 12 years ago. You never forget that stuff.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I hate all my teachers. Professors are great, but teachers...
I envy former class mates who find it fun to hang out with teachers, even after ten years from graduation.

I can't even think of a particular story to illustrate my nate for teachers because I hate them so much every minutes of my schooling life.

Feb 22, 2009
Supply teacher who spent the lesson making fun of the fat kid. Never got work at the school again, unsurprisingly. :p

Overly religious headteacher at primary school who would do assemblies where she made people guess 'What's in my bag today?' Nine times out of ten it was a bible. *sigh*

This incredibly creepy guy who taught history and law, didn't seem to be able to hold a thought in his head for more than five seconds, had apparently not mastered basic human communication, and said quite a lot of stuff that made him seem like a paedophile. For example we were learning about medieval history, he said something like 'Does the jousting turn you on, girls?' o_O

A teacher who used to do boxing and had clearly only taken the job so he could take out his anger on small children. That guy was scary.

But I've also had a lot of teachers who were completely insane but really good, so can't complain. :D

Supercereal

Mar 3, 2012
I went to a Christian School for 13 years from K-12 (Australia) and had to deal with the fact of my first name being Dennis. So whenever i got a new teacher they would always without fault make the joke of "Dennis i bet your going to be a menace." It isn't so bad i guess but its my annoyance, the other has to do with my last name being Dick so i guess its a double whammy of "joke" names and again without fault but this would be for every day of the year as well as year, Is that any teacher reading down the roll call would get to my name after reading out everyone before me's first and last name pause for a moment and go Dennis ? and then continue with first and last names. My name would also get me into trouble with some teachers accusing the class of putting it in as a joke name and my 12th grade home room teacher even went so far as to say wow Dennis Dick your parents must have really wanted you to be laughed at.

On my 12th grade home room teacher as well. When we got our year 12 jersey we had the option of putting our last name on the back, Well everyone but me because it would be seen as rude to the people around me. But i fought for my right to have it claiming that i was being discriminated against by the school and they gave in to me or so i thought until i received my Jersey minus my name on the back. It turned out my teacher had forgot to put it on my form that i wanted my name on the back. So i being understanding went out and paid to have my last name placed on the back at my own expense and the next day at school during home room was called up by the same teacher and asked to remove my jersey because it now had Dick written on the back. Too which i flat out refused as it was still my name and there was nothing wrong with it seeing my side of things she gave me detention for refusing her. this kept going over the course of the week and even got my vice principle involved with him claiming i was disrespecting myself and my school by having such vulgar language on the back of my jersey. But still i refused to stop wearing it and launched into a rather heated fight with my vice principle over him claiming i was disrespecting myself for having pride in my name, i spent every day for 2 months in detention for wearing my jersey to school until my mother caught wind of what had been happening came in and verbally castrated the vice principle afterwards i was never hassled again about my jersey.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Erja_Perttu said:
Had a teacher once who nearly drove us off a mountain because he was trying to get a better look at a falcon.
I'm sure the rest of the drive was...Hawkward.

O.T: I've had a long-term substitute who spent a lot of class time telling stories that were mostly off topic of the subject we were learning, but otherwise I've been blessed with non-moron teachers.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Knew I forgot one:

10th or 11th Grade: Bad enough everyone was forced to take a class that no one wanted, but to top it off, we're given a teacher that doesn't teach, nor know how to interact with people. So in short, our Art History teacher was insane. She screamed everything at the students, and she was so loud that everyone in the school could hear her. She often claimed to be able to speak several languages, but when asked to say something in another language, she'd scream at the person to shut up.

She also didn't know jack about art nor history. I remember that she was going on about some dude that painted fruit, but I told her that the guy never painted real fruit. He had to use wax fruit since his paintings would take so long to make, real fruit would rot, but she flat out refused to believe it.

She also greatly watered down all the paints to the point where all we had was off colored water. Not to mention she screamed right into my ear once.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Robert632 said:
Erja_Perttu said:
Had a teacher once who nearly drove us off a mountain because he was trying to get a better look at a falcon.
I'm sure the rest of the drive was...Hawkward.

O.T: I've had a long-term substitute who spent a lot of class time telling stories that were mostly off topic of the subject we were learning, but otherwise I've been blessed with non-moron teachers.
You sir, have won. Do not ask me of what, for that is beyond such being as you and I, but believe me when I say - you have won.

You reminded me of an epic teacher I had too, who used to teach two classes at my school, and both of them he was awesome. When no one was looking, which was most of the time, he'd break out his war stories, tales of when he was a milk man, more quotes from Winston Churchill than anyone should reasonably know, speak Latin at the drop of a hat and recite the most epic Shakespeare monologues from memory. Over the course of three years he read the entirety of the book Cider With Rosie to us, without anyone noticing even, and he had the best sense of humour ever.

What he didn't teach us however, was English Lit, which kind of screwed us over come exam time. Still, it was worth it.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Shax said:
She wasn't entirely stupid, but there was an incident with my 5th grade teacher. We were doing a short unit on astronomy and the various constellations. While she was naming them, she would regularly come across ones that she didn't know, and would just lie and say that the particular constellation just didn't have a name. (I had been playing Megaman Starforce at that point in my life, so I already had a slight interest in constellations.) Whenever I would correct her, she would get REALLY pissed. I wasn't even being a smart-ass about it, even though it was tempting when she couldn't even name Cygnus or Lyra. I don't expect her to know every single constellation (I certainly don't know them all), but Cygnus and Lyra are pretty basic ones. I eventually got kicked out for "being disruptive" (Even though I raised my hand and waited to be called on before correcting her each time.)

The ironic thing is, she would always rant about how video games never taught us anything ;P
I learnt all my constellations from the Muppets Treasure Island video game (Tim Curry ftw!) Video game learning rocks.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
In Year 11 I was told off by my History teacher for suggesting that an 'E', is not a good grade to get. Perhaps I was tactless for saying it (as some people got them grades on some work), but to say that I was wrong just slightly gave out the wrong message.

It's not the end of the world getting an E, but nobody should be bloody proud of it.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Most teachers in my school. They were good people, but dammit, most of them sucked at their jobs. My chemistry/biology teacher spent almost every lesson telling inapropriate jokes and fictional stories, then sometimes we would get a test, we were allowed to use books so it was just a simple task of copying some text from a book. Our history teacher used the same methods of teaching, minus the fun, she just sat in her chair silently the whole time, except for a few times when a bunch of our more troublesome kids made her cry by not doing what she says, it was a pathetic sight.

Moderated

May 12, 2012
Tech Ed, both years. Teacher didn't know anything. She taught us nothing. The program we had to use was retarded and also taught us nothing. It tried to teach me to go find the copy and paste button, and go through a menu for all the other things you can easily do from your keyboard.

I also had a teacher last year who snapped. People told me she was nice, and maybe at the beginning of the year she was, but she just snapped. She is quitting after this year, and I am glad for it. She would give people bad grades because she didn't like them. And no, I am not one of those kids who blame every bad grade on the teacher not liking them. When I got a C in science, it was because I did C work. But she was just that kind of stupid *****.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and any teacher who punishes the whole class for what a few students do. One of those teachers was of course, the above *****.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I had an English teacher who would talk and talk but not about English he'd tell us stories about things than happened to him when he was younger. He would stop us while we were reading books and to tell us about a football game he saw and he' just not shut up. He always seemed a bit off but one day he went up to a girl in the class saying she was beautiful and that he wished he could pick her up but that he'd get in trouble if he touched her. But wait there's more, one day while reading a shot story about someone's dream he stopped and asked us, get ready cause this might blow your socks off, if we had erotic dreams. He asked us to put our hands up if we had and wanted us to tell him who it was about, he went on to bother the girl whom he wanted to "pick up" to tell him about her dreams and then as the icing on the creepy cake he told us about his sex dreams... Worst part is after having him for 2+ years I didn't learn a thing about English.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
OP where on Earth do you live that its more common to build a snow cave then it is to go inside the lodge or if your in transit to sit on the bus (or whatever)?

As for my story. My grade 8 teacher was a complete idiot. Had no control of his class. Honestly I think we handed in maybe like 20 pieces of homework as a class and I was probably the best student there (most had less than that). We spent the majority of our time in the gym outside or doing fuck all in class. By the end I honestly think he was pulling marks out his ass. There was one kid I know that didn't do a single one of the 3 activities in the music book we were supposed to do got in an argument with the teacher saying he handed it in (lying), and the teacher eventually just said "How about a B then? Seem fair?" Kid said ya and got a free B.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I had a teacher that forced me to organize my supplies or else I'd fail the whole year. That's a bit cold when you say that to a 10 year old. The kicker was that she picked me because in her words 'You need to organize the way that pleases me not in the way that helps you study' and because I was the smartest and needed to fail once in a while. I'll just end by saying some people in the school system believe that if anyone is smart and is not white, they need to be brought down. Thank God that this stopped after middle school.

thatonedude11

Mar 6, 2011
My 11th grade English teacher was lazy, dumb, incompetent, and a creep. He had us skip chapters in books we were reading because "oh, that chapter isn't important." Never mind that the chapter was important, but, whatever. He once made my entire class retake a test because he couldn't find it. Best part, he put all of the tests into the trash, and only found out after we had all finished the test. It didn't help that he talked in this slow, creepy voice and asked girls with ponytails to "whip them around." I'm convinced that he'll become a sex offender one of these days.

Then there was my 3rd grade teacher. I don't remember much about that year, I think I just blocked it from my memory, but apparently she really had it out for me, and would single me out and harass me in front of the entire class. Eventually with enough parental intervention she stopped, but the damage had already been done.

Other than that though, most of my teachers have been pretty damn good. My town has an extremely competent public education system.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
NightHawk21 said:
OP where on Earth do you live that its more common to build a snow cave then it is to go inside the lodge or if your in transit to sit on the bus (or whatever)?

As for my story. My grade 8 teacher was a complete idiot. Had no control of his class. Honestly I think we handed in maybe like 20 pieces of homework as a class and I was probably the best student there (most had less than that). We spent the majority of our time in the gym outside or doing fuck all in class. By the end I honestly think he was pulling marks out his ass. There was one kid I know that didn't do a single one of the 3 activities in the music book we were supposed to do got in an argument with the teacher saying he handed it in (lying), and the teacher eventually just said "How about a B then? Seem fair?" Kid said ya and got a free B.
I live in Norway. We were on our way to a cabin called jødalshøtta. It was 5 hours each way...
The trip TO the cabin wasn't that bad. The trip from the cabin on the other hand. It was a blizzard. No joke, you could lean against the wind.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Cyfu said:
NightHawk21 said:

I live in Norway. We were on our way to a cabin called jødalshøtta. It was 5 hours each way...
The trip TO the cabin wasn't that bad. The trip from the cabin on the other hand. It was a blizzard. No joke, you could lean against the wind.
Wouldn't it still just be safer to sit in the bus with the heater on though?

OriginalLadders

Sep 29, 2011
I've got a few to share.

In year 4 my teacher seemed to hate me and would single me out as much as possible, when very nearly every other teacher I've ever had considered me one of their brightest and most well-behaved pupils. The most memorable event being where the girl sitting next to me kept stealing my pencil case, I would reach over to take it back and she would immediately take it again. The desk was facing the teacher and she had a clear line of sight, so there really should have been no ambiguity about this. She was reading something out to the class at the time and suddenly stopped to shout at me, not both of us, just me, demanding to know why I was disrupting her lesson. I said that the girl next to me kept taking my pencil case, so the teacher made a big song and dance of taking her outside the class and came in five seconds later saying I was the one doing it and that my parents would be called.

In year 7 a science teacher gave my entire class detention in which we had to write lines ("I will not disrupt the lesson.") because one person kept interrupting her.

In year 10 another science teacher gave us some group work to do and told us to form groups however we wanted and do the work, then left the room. When he came back in fifteen minutes later I and one other person were sent out because we were A) not sitting where we were before, and B) talking (about the work). He was fired five years later after growing slowly more and more unstable and unreliable (although it took his entire A-level physics class complaining repeatedly, apparently teachers with physics degrees are hard to find and so the school was reluctant to get rid of them).

Between my years 11 & 12 my school's art photography teacher went part time, this meant that people who had chosen to do A-level photography, having done the GCSE, were mixed into A-level fine art and graphics classes because he only worked enough hours to teach GCSE photography (it was in high demand because he was a thoroughly brilliant teacher in every possible respect, honestly the best teacher I've ever had). We worked on all the same themes, but unlike the graphics and fine art students, the photographers like myself had little to do during the lessons (photos of the inside of a classroom being a somewhat limited prospect) and the attached dark room only being usable for black and white film, which only one person used. This wasn't that bad as the few photographers used the class time to write what little there was to write for the projects, however the teacher (who had no experience with photography) kept insisting that we should do more 'artistic' work in class, every single lesson she would walk over to the table where the photographers sat and made some comment to this effect, this would get murmurs of agreement and then she would shuffle off back to her desk or to check on someone else's work and we would ignore what she said because it was pointless. During one lesson, instead of the agree/ignore response that had become habit I pointed out that we were photographers and so there was basically nothing 'artistic' we could do in class, her response to this was to suggest that we should draw pretty borders around the photographs. Either she missed the point so hard that she accidentally hit someone in the next county, or she wanted us to waste our time with useless busywork to make her feel better. Needless to say I ignored her suggestions.