Stylish is capturing user web history

Gauche

Aug 16, 2016
[link]https://robertheaton.com/2018/07/02/stylish-browser-extension-steals-your-internet-history/[/link]​
[link]https://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/news/google-mozilla-remove-stylish-browser-chrome-firefox-extension-1878558[/link]​

[hr]

Uninstall the spyware people
Try out Stylus as an alternative

TopazFusion

Dec 11, 2011
Well, I stopped using it after youtube finally started offering a "dark mode" (which took them way too fucking long).

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I don't use it, but what's to stop any other addon from doing the same thing?

It seems like the only way to be secure would be to have a separate computer to use for things that require personal information and NOTHING else and another for browsing the web casually.

Gauche

Aug 16, 2016
TopazFusion said:
Well, I stopped using it after youtube finally started offering a "dark mode" (which took them way too fucking long).
It really did. I've requested dark themes from other sites which have implemented the feature within the week

You won't believe me but some people just don't implement such simple things that vastly improve the user experience even when directly requested

Drathnoxis said:
I don't use it, but what's to stop any other addon from doing the same thing?

It seems like the only way to be secure would be to have a separate computer to use for things that require personal information and NOTHING else and another for browsing the web casually.
Nada. Unless Google/Mozilla perform regular human reviews of submitted addons/updates which fall under public scrutiny you're relying on other users to report such breaches of privacy. It ultimately falls upon the user to be knowledgeable of these things as you can't trust a distributor of software to ensure your safety

Windows 10 being spyware disguised as an operating system just further adds to the problem. In a crazy world that would be legal or something