Such is Life in The Zone (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. RP Interest/Idea thread)

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
It's alright.
Lets pretend that Aliens landed in other places beyond Russia! I'm serious.
We can say that they landed in the countryside of Provence, or that they landed in the heartland of Florenze, next to the holy city of Jerusalem (!!!) or in the Bronx. Go nuts, and remember that this guy lives in Israel. (*cough*, do it in Jerusalem, *cough*)
*Cough* unlikely *cough*
For this I'll definitely be sticking to the actual zone from the games. If the RP turns out to be a success or I come up with more ideas than I could possibly put into it or if I end up really motivated by it then other zones are a possibility for some future STALKER inspired RP but for now we're sticking with the Ukraine.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Febel said:
TheIronRuler said:
It's alright.
We can say that they landed in the countryside of Provence, or that they landed in the heartland of Florenze, next to the holy city of Jerusalem (!!!) or in the Bronx. Go nuts, and remember that this guy lives in Israel. (*cough*, do it in Jerusalem, *cough*)
*Cough* unlikely *cough*
For this I'll definitely be sticking to the actual zone from the games. If the RP turns out to be a success or I come up with more ideas than I could possibly put into it or if I end up really motivated by it then other zones are a possibility for some future STALKER inspired RP but for now we're sticking with the Ukraine.
D'Oh...
Alright! I got it.
Instead of Scientists, have daring journalists that want to know the truth behind the aliens (Something the Russian Government is hiding from the world). We can all be journalists, cameramen and reporters. What's your opinion? I think that we should avoid mercenaries like fire (The term mercenary makes me have ulcers).

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
Febel said:
TheIronRuler said:
It's alright.
*Cough* unlikely *cough*
D'Oh...
Alright! I got it.
Instead of Scientists, have daring journalists that want to know the truth behind the aliens (Something the Russian Government is hiding from the world). We can all be journalists, cameramen and reporters. What's your opinion? I think that we should avoid mercenaries like fire (The term mercenary makes me have ulcers).
...There aren't any aliens...Have you played the STALKER games? I mean, you don't have to have in order to play the RP but there aren't any aliens. There are in the story the games are sort of based on, Roadside Picnic, but not in the games and not here. And as for mercenaries, they've had a presence in the Zone since the very first game. We can't just drop them from the RP. Or when you said avoid them you meant have the characters in the RP avoid them?

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Febel said:
TheIronRuler said:
Febel said:
TheIronRuler said:
It's alright.
*Cough* unlikely *cough*
D'Oh...
Alright! I got it.
...There aren't any aliens...Have you played the STALKER games? I mean, you don't have to have in order to play the RP but there aren't any aliens. There are in the story the games are sort of based on, Roadside Picnic, but not in the games and not here. And as for mercenaries, they've had a presence in the Zone since the very first game. We can't just drop them from the RP. Or when you said avoid them you meant have the characters in the RP avoid them?
We won't do the book premise? CRAP.
Eh, fine, fine. Radiation is magic, etc. etc. etc., Yahtzee, pixie dust, etc. etc.
Nevertheless, We can be reporters and cameramen from various news crews there to cover a story of... the Russian president's airplane crashing in the zone? We could come in and investigate for more facts, then be hurled into chaos as the military attempts to rescue the president.
What do you think about it?

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
We won't do the book premise? CRAP.
Eh, fine, fine. Radiation is magic, etc. etc. etc., Yahtzee, pixie dust, etc. etc.
Nevertheless, We can be reporters and cameramen from various news crews there to cover a story of... the Russian president's airplane crashing in the zone? We could come in and investigate for more facts, then be hurled into chaos as the military attempts to rescue the president.
What do you think about it?
I said as much in the opening posts, this is based on the games, dude. Most of the people will be entering the zone for their own greed, wonderment, whatever. And it wasn't radiation that caused all the... oh nevermind, I was about to fanboy out and launch into a big detailed description. But anyway, if you joined the RP you could be a reporter. I could certainly think of some interesting things to do with that. And as for the president's plane crashing...Hmmm... I might be able to work something like that into it...

I'll have to think on what exactly it could be.