Sucker Punch, Battle Los Angeles & Priest

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
So i went over to the theater and watched Green Hornet tonight, which is a good movie by the way. But that is not my main concern for the topic of discussion. As the previews were playing through, the first few were terrible. Until this little movie called Sucker Punch came across the screen. At first the trailer had you saying "Aye, what the hell is this?", then it literally opened up and had you saying "I came". This movie looks ridiculously awesome, and it is by Legendary studios, and i believe Zack Snyder directed it, which happens to be my favorite Director. Always makes a solid film (Dawn of the dead, 300, Watchmen, etc).

Trailer for sucker punch [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrIiYSdEe4E]

Next movie: Battle Los angeles. At first the preview had you saying "Oh great its another destruction of world type movie", but i was wrong. I thought this because there was talk of Meteors hitting the earth. Meteors hit the earth, then the trailer said something along the lines of "They are creatures on the meteors", and it turned out to be an Alien invasion. Yes yes, i know we have been there and done that before with the hole Alien invasion, but after seeing this trailer i was super excited to see this. The trailer literally blew my pants off.

Edit: I updated the link with a better, latest, trailer. This is the one i saw in theaters. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt7ofokzn04]

Lastly: Priest. I have seen this trailer before when I went and saw Tron, and i thought it seemed mediocre. But I was wrong, and It actually has me interested in this movie somewhat. Looks decent, has that guy that played in Legion and all those other angel movies n shit. Pretty good actor. But I will be seeing this.

Trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmlo6MyhDXw]

Note that I do realize these are old, because i saw the date of being posted on youtube. I don't care if it's old, this is my first time ever seeing these trailers and i frequent the internet A LOT, and i guarantee there is others out there that have not witnessed the beauty of these movie trailers.

Thoughts on these movies, Escapees?

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I'm really looking forward to Sucker Punch, I saw the trailer for it a while back.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
Really looking forward to Sucker Punch. Cute girls, fantasy/sci-fi universe, lots of fighting and huge monsters. What more could we want?

Also, I've been a "follower" of Paul Bettany ever since I saw The Da Vinci Code. I think he has an eerie and sinister aura about him when he does action/horror movies. I quite like it. Looking forward to Priest as well, for that particular reason.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Sucker Punch will be awesomesauce.
Battle: Los Angeles is tipped to be the movie Skyline wanted to be.
Priest sounds like a good concept but I have some issues with the execution.

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
SL33TBL1ND said:
I'm really looking forward to Sucker Punch, I saw the trailer for it a while back.
I concur.

Which is why i put them in the order I did. Wait, that won't work. They have different release dates. Oh well, i guess ill just watch whatever comes first.

Rob Shogun

Sep 17, 2008
Sucker Punch does look like it could be good

Priest looks like a very loose adaptation of the graphic novels unless it goes that way after book 12 as that's as far as I have read them so far

I'll reserve judgment until they are out and I've watched them

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Sucker punch looks like it may be worth seeing, although Im going ot have to disagree with you about Snyder- his films always little more then inch thick gloss on a turd.

Battle Los Angeles I have no interest in seeing at the moment, as you said same old ground, but I may go and see it if the reviews are good

Priest looks awesome if a little cliched

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
I'm really looking forward to Sucker Punch, and it comes out the day before my friend's birthday, so we'll probably see it for that.
Battle Los Angeles looks pretty... eh...
Priest looks interesting enough, but not enough for me to see it in the cinema.

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
BrokenBoySoldier said:
Sucker punch looks like it may be worth seeing, although Im going ot have to disagree with you about Snyder- his films always little more then inch thick gloss on a turd.

Battle Los Angeles I have no interest in seeing at the moment, as you said same old ground, but I may go and see it if the reviews are good

You would disagree if i said Watchmen was a very well adapted film?

Snyder does a great job with all his movies.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
I'm so excited to see Sucker Punch. I might even have to go to the cinema to see this one :D And I never normally go to the cinema, because it's super expensive :(

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
"if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" it's Nothing, the original i think.

Are all mental hospitals filled with hot teen girls? Sucker punch looks so stupid.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Priest is made by the same Director who made Legion. That says enough too me.

I am however super excited about BLA and Sucker Punch.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I don't think all three will be will be good but at least one of them will be, and there's no doubt that they'll all be fun to watch.

Also, I think that, unfortunately, Paul Bettany seems to be declining a bit :(

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
lee1287 said:
"if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" it's Nothing, the original i think.

Are all mental hospitals filled with hot teen girls? Sucker punch looks so stupid.
Hot teen girls plus Zach Snyder directing. What's not to love?

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
I saw the thread title and I assumed it was a film about a battle. A battle consisting of the city of LA vs. a priest. Where they sucker punch eachother.

Michael Logan

Oct 19, 2008
lee1287 said:
Not all, just this one.

OT: I hadnt heard of Battle Los Angeles before, but now Im interested.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Krylock said:
BrokenBoySoldier said:

You would disagree if i said Watchmen was a very well adapted film?

Snyder does a great job with all his movies.
As always he got the look right but missed out on properly getting across all that biting satire- hes style over substance, every time.
Watchmen was entertaining and faithful to the original but no it wasnt a good adaption

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
lee1287 said:

Those are such good reasons for thinking it looks stupid...

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
The Sucker Punch trailer looked neat, but i have my doubts that it may not live up to people's expectations. Battle: L.A. looked indeed like just another end of the world thanks to aliens movie. But If i hear good stuff about it after the release, then maybe I'll check it out.
Also, it premiers on my birthday, so it better not suck!