Suda51 Is Making an Evangelion Rhythm Game

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Elementlmage said:
"You can't forget love and pride, because of that it's killing me inside"

They better release this game for the US, it is actually making me want a PSP.

Onyx Oblivion said:
NOOOO

I love you Suda51.

But I despise Evangelion so much. Even after watching the movie.

But since this is mostly about the music...I don't mind it as much.
Why the hate brah?
Standard crappy ending hatred. Nothing special.

:)
Watch it a few more times, it will starting to make sense. Or you will go insane... which ever comes first. ;)

omegawyrm

Nov 23, 2009
Well that's interesting. I like rhythm games, evangelion, and grasshopper, so that's good news, if unexpected.

Deskimus Prime

Jan 26, 2011
I want this like you would not believe.

But still...Akira Yamaoka? You left the Silent Hill series for...this? Not that I blame you leaving after Homecoming, but...

I can't even imagine a dance based on Komm Susser Todd. Slit your wrists to the beat?

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
This is just ... different.

No other words come to mind to explain just how ... different ... this is.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Standard crappy ending hatred. Nothing special.

:)
The Rebuild movies are going pretty good at the moment, though we're only halfway through now so the ending could be decidedly less than awesome again. I enjoyed the first, but after the second I'm liking it more than the original series. Especially on glorious blu-ray.

Elementlmage said:
Watch it a few more times, it will starting to make sense. Or you will go insane... which ever comes first. ;)
Just because you understand something doesn't mean it's not crap. For instance, I liked the Eva series, I liked the movies and I occasionally enjoy reading up on various interpretations that people have come up with for the ending, but at the end of the day, I still think the ending was fairly shitty.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
well that was weird
i watched a good amount of anime in my life but i'd never put evangelion among the weirdest
aside from the shitty ending it is pretty straight up action/drama mecha anime
so the weirdest thing for me is reading an article about someone claiming how weird evangelion is

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Everyone dance to the sound of innocence dying!

EDIT: also I think Puchi Eva beat them to the punch:

Love the fact that they sort of did the robot at the end.

OT: Believe it or not, I can see this working rather well. Just get some catchy beats and rather well animation you get Mario dance dance revolution.

John Funk said:
Super SNIP!
Then I bet you never ragtime before.

RAGTIME Like you want to win my boy! ragtime like the dapper you are!

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I....I....I don't understand. I honestly think this is something beyond mortal understanding. How would it even would? Rock band equipment? DDR pad? Kinect flappy-arm motions?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
vivster said:
well that was weird
i watched a good amount of anime in my life but i'd never put evangelion among the weirdest
so the weirdest thing for me is reading an article about someone claiming how weird evangelion is
End of Evangelion is one of the most visually *WTF* things I have ever seen in my entire life. Even the regular series has a bunch of bizarre stuff. The constant train-car thought montages, all the discussion about identity etc. Of course, a lot of this was Gainax running out of money, but it is a *weird* show.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
John Funk said:
vivster said:
well that was weird
End of Evangelion is one of the most visually *WTF* things I have ever seen in my entire life. Even the regular series has a bunch of bizarre stuff. The constant train-car thought montages, all the discussion about identity etc. Of course, a lot of this was Gainax running out of money, but it is a *weird* show.
haven't seen this movie yet
only watched the series and the new movie remakes
so i can only speak for them and they are quite normal
gonna put it on my list and hope for something weird^^

well it's gainax and on a "weird scale" of 1 to FLCL(10) i'd give evangelion a 5