Suda51's Latest Title Will Love You And Kill You

TheTygre

Jun 17, 2009
Looking forward to this.

But Suda, man, you can remix 'New World Symphony' all you want, but it'll never be as epic as when it's being played over a bare-knuckle fist fight between gods on the moon.

face_head_mouth

Sep 16, 2010
1337mokro said:
You don't watch the Jimquisition? Watch this weeks episode. You will get the joke about graphics = emotion instantly :D
Whoops. Just watched it. HOW MANY EMOTIONS IS PEOPLE?

David Cage is a self-loathing, wannabe filmmaker, but his idiocy is entertaining.
Even if all he's capable of making is Quick Time Event: The Game, he at least brings
his own unique brand of stupid into the homogenous world of games.
Plus, he hired Willem DaFoe, so he can't be all bad.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
face_head_mouth said:
axlryder said:
Look at those mediocre graphics. This game has barely any emotion.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say. The graphics are stylized, not realistic.
Maybe you just don't care for the style? I personally find it to be pretty striking.
I also don't understand "barely any emotion". The main character is an assassin, so he's
probably on the cold side. I think of it as being similar to a James Bond film, where
the protagonist doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeve, but that is just part of
his persona. Was that what you were talking about?

As for the game itself: I'll definitely play it, but I wonder if Suda51 is returning
to the assassin character one too many times. Hopefully the futuristic angle will
keep it fresh, and hopefully the combat mechanics (the weakest part of Suda51's
games) will take another step forward.
I'm guessing you missed the jimquisition episode on David Cage. "Polygons is emotion".

For the record, I love the fuck out of Suda. Also, your response is admirably level-headed for having thought I was being serious there.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
I've been burned twice now, and it's never quite as good as the first time, but for some reason I want to try again.

There's always tomorrow. Today.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
As much as i like how this looks, We will never get an opus like Killer7...That game actually made me think and had several layers of interpretation and is just so very very well done...This just looks very simple by comparison, It's gonna be quirky yes simply because Suda can't do 'Not Quirky' right now, it's his shtick with the general audience.

Spacefrog

Apr 27, 2011
The aesthetics certainly screams Suda51 but I it somehow lacks his special brand of humour that made me want to buy some of his previous titles (lollipop chainsaw, no more heroes, god hand and to a certain extent shadows of the damned.)
Part of the charm of his previous games (at least those I have seen, I could be wrong here) was that they knew kust how weird and wacky the world was and played on it.
This game looks as if it takes itself too seriously and it does not fit the aesthetics.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
kailus13 said:
I could swear I've seen this trailer on the Escapist before, am I wrong in this?
It's not impossible. The trailer was posted through Grasshopper Manufacture's FB page quite a while ago. I was actually surprised to see this up here now, seeing as i thought i'd probably just missed it.

OT: I'm really looking forward to when this game hits shelves. Suda's games have always been interesting in some way or another so i'm curious to see more about this one.