Suggest me a SNES game

the spud

May 2, 2011
Terranigma. The most underrated snes game you will ever play, I garantee it. Actually, the only way to play it in north america is with an emulator, unfortanetly. here is a video going into more detail.http://www.clanofthegraywolf.com/16-bit-gems/15

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
laidtorest195 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
laidtorest195 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Final Fantasy VI
I assume by VI you mean III?
Indeed I do. As long as you see Terra and Steampunk, you've hit gold. Are you an SRPG or turn based Strategy fan by any chance?
I am indeed sir!
Then you should enjoy the Fire Emblem series (4 and 5, and if you're nuts enough 1 2 and 3 because they're all great, but I'd recommend 4 and 5 first) and and Bahamut Lagoon, but trust me, they are punishingly difficult. But fun? Hell yes.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
make sure you can't buy the games normally before emulating them, then its justifiable piracy. and although redundant me saying this, earthbound

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Plok
Plok remains one of my favourite games and it always will. You'll find your flag one day little man, and when you do you'll have the best underpants collection of anyone alive.
Super Smash TV is also a fantastic game.

Jan 27, 2011
Oh goody! Time to share my favourite SNES games! WALL OF GAMES IN 3...2...1....GOOOOO!!!!

Seiken Densetsu 3. (It's Secret of Mana, but 10 times better. Good story, GREAT combat system, and has a ton of replay value with 6 characters each with their own reasons for seeking the Mana Sword)

Crono Trigger. (It's a freaking LEGEND of a game. AMAZING story, AMAZING combat system, AMAZING EVERYTHING.)

Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals. (It's a DAMN good RPG. It's got zelda style dungeons too. Lots of puzzles. Plus a pretty good story and combat system.)

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven stars. (...just do it. It's hilarious and amazing)

ActRaiser. (a super quirky and weird fusion of genres. You start off in a platforming beat-em up, then go into overhead shooter mode with some building elements, and then to back to beat-em-up mode again for a second dungeon. This repeats for every "country" you restore. It's pretty fun)

UN squadron. (You like space shooters like Gradius? This is pretty much the same thing, but with planes instead. Pretty fun, but HARD AS HELL)

Bahamut Lagoon (Take a strategy RPG like Fire Emblem, and then mix in a turn based RPG system, and THEN mix in a system that allows you to raise your own dragons that will kick ass alongside you in battle. It's GOOD!)

Kirby Super Star. (Need I say more? It's 4 kirby games in one! In fact, forget this one and go get the DS remake. It has even MORE stuff in it!)

Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Pretty fun Beat em up game with silly ninjas)

EVO: the Search for Eden. (You start off as a fish in a large ocean. You kill and eat other creatures. Then you get points to spend on evolving yourself. You then go through many early periods of evolution like the amphibian stage, the dinosaur stage, etc in order to become the strongest creature and reach Eden. Also, abuse your Save States. You will need to. This game is hard and sometimes unfair with how easily you can get hit.)

Terranigma. (I didn't get too far in this game but it's a crazy fast paced action RPG and it's apparently got a kickass story too)

Power rangers the Movie. (DON'T LAUGH! This is a pretty solid Beat-em-up! Trust me, it's fun!)

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
Castlevania 4
Batman Returns
Mega Man X (any of them)
Super Metroid
Flashback: Quest for Identity

Those are my favs

Njae

Jun 23, 2011
Terranigma
Soul Blazer
Illusion of gaia/time (depending on what part of the world you are in)
Chrono trigger
Lufia 1 and 2
Super Metroid
FF 4-6
Breath of fire 1 and 2
Ogre battle
Secret of mana 1 and 2
Star ocean
Tales of Phantasia
EVO
Actraiser

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
SonofaJohannes said:
Secret of Mana
Shadowrun
Breath of fire
Pretty much only came here to mention Shadowrun, we all know FFVI/Zelda/Mario/Chrono will all get a stack of recommendations after all.

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
I only see one person recommending Ogre Battle...so once again...Ogre Battle
Super Mario Bro
F Zero...i guess those are standard

deckai

Oct 26, 2009
the spud said:
Terranigma. The most underrated snes game you will ever play, I garantee it. Actually, the only way to play it in north america is with an emulator, unfortanetly. here is a video going into more detail.http://www.clanofthegraywolf.com/16-bit-gems/15
This and 1000 times this. Everyone with a slightest interest in RPGs should play this.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Skorpyo said:
If you don't get Super Metroid this instance, I will slap you with the internet.

The WHOLE internet.
Scalli said:
Earthbound

Chrono Trigger
Guys, the thread is over. Why is anyone still posting? :)

WELL I Suppose we can add another entry...

Uncharted Waters 2: New Horizons, if you're into something different

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
Mega Man X 1-3
Mega Man 7 (the game's music and appearance take some getting used to, but it's worth it, especially if you enjoy brutally difficult final boss fights)
Rockman & Forte
Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Maximum Carnage
Turtles In Time