Suicidal/desperate strategies you've tried in games

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Most gamers have one day tried suicidal and very desperate strategies in games. For example: I've been playing God of war 2 recently and near the end of the game i had to fight Cerberus dogs. The problem is they spawn small cerberus pups and they soon grow into large cerberus dogs. After many, many tries at killing them, I came up with a very dangerous, (unsuccesful) plan. I would let as many full grown cerberus dogs spawn and then kill them all at once using rage of the titans and cronos' rage. So escapist, what are your examples?

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
(works in pretty much any game with C4) Stick C4 onto self, run into enemy base, go out with a bang.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Well, in each Modern Warfare 2 prestige, I set different rules for myself. For example, here is what I've done so far:
1: Normal
2: Knife Only
3: Lesser Used Weapons, with only hip-fire (F200, Vector, Pistols, LMG's, etc.)
4. Handguns only
5. Grenades only (I'm currently on this one, and it's incredibly challenging, but really fun.)

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
Sometimes on tf2 When I think my team is going to lose, I go soldier with the pickaxe, rocket jump a bit and try to kill as many enemies as I can.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
In Killing Floor or L4D, throwing explosives at one's feet when surrounded by zombies with no way of escaping. Take out as many of those fuckers as you can...

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
ddon said:
Sometimes on tf2 When I think my team is going to lose, I go soldier with the pickaxe, rocket jump a bit and try to kill as many enemies as I can.
I think I recall doing similar things in Halo 3. Though my team actually did lose because of my actions. My bad!

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
This is pretty much how I beat CoD on Veteran during a slow weekend.

After going through a scenario 4 or 5 times with the "slow and steady" approach, I'd try the "run up to another spot like a madman and dice these fools and hope I get lucky!"

It worked surprisingly well actually. I was stuck in the newsroom ambush for about an hour or so trying to be calm and cool, til' I eventually just chucked a couple flashbangs, ran around all the enemies and skipped the fight in the building entirely. I felt kind of proud, kind of silly about it.

Last Bullet

Apr 28, 2010
Left with almost nothing, I lifted off my last Command Center in StarCraft 2 to land in front of the enemy base and turn it into a Planetary Fortress. It was bombarded by an Ultralisk during construction.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Team Fortress 2. Damaging myself to about 20 hp and patrolling my base with the equalizer.

Most consistent fun I've ever had.

thenewprince

Oct 30, 2008
Ending to all Halo Games. Jump. Shotgun Blast, plasma grenade, melee repeat till i hit the check point. DONT LOOK BACK!

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Bored Tomatoe said:
In Killing Floor or L4D, throwing explosives at one's feet when surrounded by zombies with no way of escaping. Take out as many of those fuckers as you can...
Works surprisingly well with a molly in L4D2...

For me, it would have to be running near somebody as Pyro, lighting them up, then backing up and blasting them with the shotgun.

More suicidal then you think.

Cynical skeptic

Apr 19, 2010
The type of "absorb bullets, hide behind chest high wall" gameplay every single console shooter these days forces you to use.

Mind you, if someone added the ability to use the bullets that fly out of your face and torso whenever you touch a magical healing chest high wall to replenish your ammunition, then it'd all make sense.

teh.arkhon

Jul 14, 2009
yea
bf2142--> cover a jeep in RDX demo packs
drive jeep into tank/battlewalker/wall
chaos ensues :)

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I once got very bored early on in a game of Supreme Commander, so I took my commander, ran to my enemy's base, got close to his commander, and hit ctrl-k (self destruct). The nuclear explosion took out me, the rival commander, and his entire base. Totally worth it.

Bored Tomatoe said:
If only you could have your character dramatically light the explosives with a cigarette/joint, then take one puff as the horde swarms over them. Oh wait...

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Instant Kills in Guilty Gear. Only for use on the computer, against people who've never seen them before, or if you're really, really desperate.

If you actually hit...hoo boy, it's an awesome feeling.

Om Nom Nom

Feb 13, 2010
Playing Red Faction 2 GTA: Mars-With-Extra-Explodey just now.

I was being swarmed by EDF and those stupid melee Marauders (haaaate). I totally ran out of ammo, so I took out the trusty hammer and did a suicide run past a dozen or so heavily armed EDF troops to get to the cluster of APCs they arrived in.

I reached one and escaped with <1% health to spare. Cue panic-filled chase to the nearest safe house, with every damn EDF vehicle in the zone trying to rip me a new one the whole way.

Ffffuuuuuuuu.................. 8B That was the most fun I've had in a while.

Edit: Also, mass-T1 spamming to beat back T3 assault bots on SCFA is surprisingly effective if you have the factories and resource chain to push out enough.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
take any FPS i played were the situations gone tits up, i usually just run in shooting everything that has an atom on it, i recall instances with Borderlands, Fallout 3, Gears of War(non-Fps yes), and the Halo games were i both try and fail and try and eventually succeed.

Also Hitman, i forget which game but it involves a redneck wedding and after failing several times i just reloaded with every gun i had and went in shooting hoping i would succeed, obviously i failed..epically.