suitable work laptop

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i have not much knowledge of laptops what brand is good. all i want is a laptop i would require for study and simple surfing on the net. not intending to play games on it. was thinking of having at least a 17" screen.

any suggestions what brand is good?

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Since you don't have any specific demands, pretty much any of the well known brands should suit you fine. Dell, HP, MSI, Samsung, Toshiba, Acer, Asus, and Lenovo all put out good stuff. It's been a while since I've been in the market but I've found that Acer often hits the right balance of price, power, and quality.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
thanks. i did ask in a other forum and one suggested i should go for a toshiba or HP. i have an acer tab but that things isnt really good. did fine for my small purpose but not for anything bigger.
but for some reason toshiba isnt sold anymore in hong kong. so i have to go for HP. found some good deals but wait first when i get payed.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Avoid Lenovo like the plague, they're known for having spyware in their software package.

Personally I suggest going for a Dell laptop, they're generally over powered for their price, while generally being reliable. Also Dell has the best customer service. So I'd go for a Dell, you can also go lower end on an Alien Ware, it'll be expensive, but it's a Dell laptop that's good at cooling itself, and even the basic units are really powerful, not to mention the really neat adaptable keyboard back lighting. This will give you the adaptability to play games if you choose, but there is one big advantage: It's a computer that won't go obsolete nearly as fast, which means you'll get minimum 5 years of use out of it before web surfing and standard applications even start to be stressful for that computer. This also applies to gaming laptops from MSI, Asus, Cyberpower, and the like, especially OriginPC, which you can have made to your exact specifications.