Super Academy: Episode 3: Secrets

Hot Chocolate Media

Aug 25, 2015
Episode 3: Secrets

Glyph must overcome her own psyche to pass the Advanced Metaphysics Seminar. Deathside and Chaotrix look to acquire more Ward Industrial technology. Darkcop ramps up his investigation into Deathside's plans.

Watch Video

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
You guys are getting better.
1. The super kick by Deathside in the office building was awesome. It caught me off guard and I had to rewind to watch again. Well done.
2. Slothmaster was hilarious.
3. The magical effects were excellent. The dream circle looked professional grade.
4. Your credits are odd for the Cast. Everybody's real name is on the left and character on the right--except for Deathside and Chaotrix.
5. Chaotrix was shooting people. Why wouldn't she shoot the "battery guy" Ward Scientist.
6. Gravitic effects were good.
7. I especially like the scene with Gavin Ward getting the security warning. You guys nailed his "evil eyes" camera angle in that shot. It was probably nothing to most folks but it stood out to me as a great shot.
8. Fights are much better. (I whined about these a little in Episode 1.) Some slow spots getting to next positions where I'm thinking "Yeah, you should be stabbed now." But good overall.
9. Power Kid. I get that your character is supposed to be a bit on the transparent/oblivious/obvious side. But dial back a little with the big-eyed "Wh wh why, would that be happening? I have no idea." I'm on the outside looking in. But anybody on the inside would absolutely say "Something's up. Let's just stop for a minute and have PK spill the beans."
10. Glyph's acting stood out as the best again.
11. What kind of fakish looking food do superheroes eat?
12. Who throws fake food at somebody's crotch?
13. Starburst's (both) feet in the air at the end DID make me chuckle.
14. I still have no idea (and I assume I'm not supposed to...yet) what Glyph found in the cave or why she would see a supportive image of Power Kid. Is he her spirit animal?
15. How does Dark Cop track Fop Dapper Dan down to a stolen house? What's the point of it being in someone else's house anyways? And there was no information actually exchanged--Dark Cop leaving early makes little sense. He just left. Why not arrest the guy if you've beaten him and he is guilty of known crimes?
16. Dark Cop studied the fight between PK and Fop Dapper Dan? How did he do this? Did he watch Episode 1 of "Super Academy"? I know PK's mask has a Dark Cop tracking device in it. Does it have a camera too?
17. The building in establishing shot at 2:54 clearly has a triangular protrusion mid wall that does not appear in the Security Warning floor plan at 5:25. Am I supposed to believe this all actually happened in the same building? Because now I don't. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.
18. I am completely fine with Tin Knight chicken dance.

Great job all around.

Hot Chocolate Media

Aug 25, 2015
Clankenbeard said:
You guys are getting better.
1. The super kick by Deathside in the office building was awesome. It caught me off guard and I had to rewind to watch again. Well done.
2. Slothmaster was hilarious.
3. The magical effects were excellent. The dream circle looked professional grade.
4. Your credits are odd for the Cast. Everybody's real name is on the left and character on the right--except for Deathside and Chaotrix.
5. Chaotrix was shooting people. Why wouldn't she shoot the "battery guy" Ward Scientist.
6. Gravitic effects were good.
7. I especially like the scene with Gavin Ward getting the security warning. You guys nailed his "evil eyes" camera angle in that shot. It was probably nothing to most folks but it stood out to me as a great shot.
8. Fights are much better. (I whined about these a little in Episode 1.) Some slow spots getting to next positions where I'm thinking "Yeah, you should be stabbed now." But good overall.
9. Power Kid. I get that your character is supposed to be a bit on the transparent/oblivious/obvious side. But dial back a little with the big-eyed "Wh wh why, would that be happening? I have no idea." I'm on the outside looking in. But anybody on the inside would absolutely say "Something's up. Let's just stop for a minute and have PK spill the beans."
10. Glyph's acting stood out as the best again.
11. What kind of fakish looking food do superheroes eat?
12. Who throws fake food at somebody's crotch?
13. Starburst's (both) feet in the air at the end DID make me chuckle.
14. I still have no idea (and I assume I'm not supposed to...yet) what Glyph found in the cave or why she would see a supportive image of Power Kid. Is he her spirit animal?
15. How does Dark Cop track Fop Dapper Dan down to a stolen house? What's the point of it being in someone else's house anyways? And there was no information actually exchanged--Dark Cop leaving early makes little sense. He just left. Why not arrest the guy if you've beaten him and he is guilty of known crimes?
16. Dark Cop studied the fight between PK and Fop Dapper Dan? How did he do this? Did he watch Episode 1 of "Super Academy"? I know PK's mask has a Dark Cop tracking device in it. Does it have a camera too?
17. The building in establishing shot at 2:54 clearly has a triangular protrusion mid wall that does not appear in the Security Warning floor plan at 5:25. Am I supposed to believe this all actually happened in the same building? Because now I don't. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.
18. I am completely fine with Tin Knight chicken dance.

Great job all around.
1. Thanks, we used a stunt coordinator and some wore equipment to pull that off.
2. Totally, the actor Skot, killed it.
3. Thank you, we spent a lot of time working on those.
4. Best way to fit everything in, credit can be a little awkward formatting wise sometime.
5. He wasn't a threat, the guards were armed, the scientist wasn't. Chaotrix is a professional not a psychopath.
6. Again, thank you.
7. Our DP for that nigh, Chris Peck is amazing.
8. We put a ton of choreography and rehearsal time into the fights.
9. PK's friends are very polite and respect each other. And Darkcop the one who would do this, already knows PK's family background. Glyph was a bit preoccupied when Deathside showed up to really notice PK's reaction.
10. Meredith is amazing and Glyph was created with her in mind.
11. The food was real and was from a local bodega/market, it was all pre-packaged and did not require refrigeration, a consideration for the duration of the shoot and the heat of the lights.
12. Real food (potato chips) and why not, Starburst is a jerk and Corona is a bit of a loose cannon.
13. Owen (Starburst actor) took a nutshot and was in a little bit of pain, the feet were a happy little accident.
14. She found the rogue thought Madame A implanted in her psyche. PK was just a personification of her own positive thoughts to help her.
15. Darkcop is a skilled hacker and detective. He was able to find Dapper Dan through one of his algorithms on his super computer. Dapper Dan used another person's house so his actual hideout isn't exposed. Plus with Fracture involved, Darkcop was likely feed some info through Fracture's info network to lead DC there. Dapper Dan does reveal the approximate location of Deathside and Chaotirx's hideout. DC used that info in his computer to pinpoint them (the alarm from the computer).
16. DC studied the report PK filed with the dean.
17. Stock footage can be expensive.
18. As were we.

Thanks for the feedback. Finale episode arrives on Friday!