Super Bernie World. A Mario Reskin with Bernie Sanders and the election.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
If they are putting it on Steam, they are making an open invitation to Nintendo to shut them down.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Couldn't they have at least tried to make it not look like a Mario-ripoff? They're just asking for legal trouble. It's not like it really needed the Mario element to make the joke (though I use the word loosely) work.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So does that make Trump Bowser?

I guess neither of them are that respectful to women.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
So does that make Trump Bowser?

I guess neither of them are that respectful to women.
Yep, but unlike Bowser Trump himself doesn't put up a fight, he just cries and begs.

TrulyBritish said:
Couldn't they have at least tried to make it not look like a Mario-ripoff? They're just asking for legal trouble. It's not like it really needed the Mario element to make the joke (though I use the word loosely) work.
Copyright is no barrier for the pushing of political agendas.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
CaitSeith said:
If they are putting it on Steam, they are making an open invitation to Nintendo to shut them down.
If they didn't use any actual assets, name anything trademarked, or copy levels exactly, I don't think Nintendo can do anything about it.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
This reminds me of old browser games. There were thousands of Mario, pac man, and tetris clones.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
TrulyBritish said:
A) it's gone to court a couple of times: you can't copy-right claim on game mechanics.
B) it looks as if the "parody is free speech" clause would be applied
C) it's not a for-profit product, and it would be damn hard to prove that anybody could mistake it for Mario or that it's depriving Mario's owners from profit

Legally, they ought to be fine.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
tstorm823 said:
CaitSeith said:
If they didn't use any actual assets, name anything trademarked, or copy levels exactly, I don't think Nintendo can do anything about it.
That hasn't stopped them before.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Samtemdo8 said:
Specter Von Baren said:
So is the final boss an unwinnable fight with Biden?
Nope, you drop Donald Trump in a Jail Cell.
You don't even have to fight him - you auto-beat Trump if you reach him. Walk right past him and pull the lever.

Jan 27, 2011
Eh, this is kinda funny, but- *does a double take*

OH MY GOD. ARE THE KOOPAS ACTUALLY MITCH MCCONNEL TURTLES?!

I am literally in pain from all the laughter. XD Scratch what I said before, this isn't just kinda funny, it's hilarious.