Super BioWare RPG: Origins: Awakening II: Turbo Edition #2

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
...and yet Leilana lives. Bioware don't give a fuck about your continuity, it is their continuity that matters.

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
This bugged the hell out of me. Like, why can't I just transfer my DAII details straight over? They're both on Origin? Shit, my DAII has all my DA:O details, it's not like it's in fifty thousand places on my computer guarded by a dragon made out of HTML.

Well, there were already bugs and mistakes regarding save transfers between Origins and DA2, besides, it allows one to tweak their backstories without having to replay the whole games (just finished replaying Origins and DA2 myself: started last summer and it took me 200 hours to go from my Warden's harrowing to Hawke's final showdown against Meredith, although going on higher difficulties and a defensive play-style -especially in DA2- may be the reason why it took so long)

Welshdan15

Aug 18, 2011
Considering the import bugs I've seen in previous Bioware games, I'm quite pleased that I can use the Keep to import my main game's choices when I get Inquisition, I've even made two other world states just to see what effect different decisions have. The other reason I'm glad to have the Keep is that the last time I tried to make my human noble Warden king, the game had the dumbest bug that made Alastair king instead, but now I don't have to play through the entire game and risk more bugs.

Nazriel

Apr 4, 2010
More like "Super BioWare RPG: Origins: Awakening II: Turbo TAX Edition!"

Eh? Eh?

I'll sit back down now.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Jandau said:
Do we get Reb-Blue-Green endings that toss all of that continuity out the window in this one as well? :p

Seriously though, Keep is a cool idea and I like it MUCH better than a simple savegame import. Not only does it not punish you for not hoarding your save files, it lets you make small adjustments without making you play through the previous game(s). I always wished there was something like that for Mass Effect 3 (yes, I know, there was, for the PS4 version).
I can see why its annoying, but I'm glad because you can at least get everything "right" which is nice for a perfectionist like me (although I had a hard time remembering shit...)

Mass Effect really had nothing except some DLC for the PS3 version

octafish said:
...and yet Leilana lives. Bioware don't give a fuck about your continuity, it is their continuity that matters.
without giving too much away what was "supposed" to happen to liliana? I never actually recruited her in DA:O

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Vault101 said:
octafish said:
without giving too much away what was "supposed" to happen to liliana? I never actually recruited her in DA:O
At a certain points in Origins each companion has 'crisis moments', which depending on your decisions can make them leave or attack you. In the case of Liliana's, people were angry that the game didn't track one of the completely random finishing animations in which you decapitate your enemy, so raged when she showed up alive and well in DA2.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Shocksplicer said:
As much as I like the idea of The Keep, it definitely has some issues.
Like how it claims that Alistair cannot be king while also killing the Archdemon and fathering Morrigan's child.
Uhh, guys? That's exactly what happened in my playthrough of DA:O.
Hell, the World State I had to settle for is actually the one that's impossible, since apparantly my hero killed the Archdemon without fathering Morrigan's child (since she's a woman) and is still alive, something which cannot happen.
That's weird because I swear that is exactly what I chose (assuming you mean the Warden killed the archdemon) in Dragon Age Keep and it gave me no problems. Sounds like a glitch to me.
Imre Csete said:
I think he had to meet Goldanna (gets the hardened state, can be king) for that to work. I remember helping my sister with it a few days ago and that solved it iirc.
Nope, Alistair can still marry Anora and become king if he is unhardened. The only differences are that he is less enthusiastic about becoming king and in the epilogue doesn't show much interest in dealing with the political nature of his position.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Wait, can I import my Xbox 360 save files?
I've been building my dream play through for this exact thing.
Or do I have to go through the Keep even though I'm still last gen?

Come on guys, they would have to fix certain things to make sure they can use recurring characters. I mean DA:O was truly fantastic in the possible variation in the end story. Like too many possibilities.

I mean you literally can become the King I think.

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
Or do I have to go through the Keep even though I'm still last gen?

You have to go through the keep.
I don't mind the keep much: it might be a problem if you forgot who did what, but if your memory of the previous games is still fresh, you can easily translate it to the tapestry. Now whether the keep details correctly transfer back to your game or not...