Super Mario Maker: Share Thread.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
Here's one I made today. EDF3-0000-004D-D4B7

It won't be winning any awards but for my first level I'm pretty happy with it.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Here are my three:
BC38-0000-0050-C55E
F0F7-0000-003E-1BDD
EB6C-0000-003E-1B03

They're all designed to be a challenge in their own way.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
yurieliakim said:
So far, no one was able to beat Piranha Puzzle Towers. 0 %. Ninguém. I will drop it here anyway but I don't expect a lot, I'm keeping my expectations low I guess. ID: F77F 0000 0042 7AD1
Not surprised! That was hard! Satisfying when I finally beat it though!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
Here's my first level! It's a simple SMB3 level called HOP TO IT!

9708-0000-004D-6B24

I hope you enjoy it everybody.

Edit!

Mario Bros. X Prologue. This one is loosely based off of the prologue stage for Mega Man X. I think it's a bit easier than Hop To It! Still, I think it's also a bit more fun.
I've just posted a new level! This one is called Metroid: Zero Mission

4F34-0000-0051-240D

This one is a simple maze based off of Metroid Zero's epilogue. You play as Zero Suit Samus trying to find her Varia Suit and her full arsenal. I wanted to put Ridley in the end but he was too big...I'm a bit disappointed to see that only one person has played Hop To It but I've only posted it 12 or so hours ago...more people will play my levels, I'm sure of it! I'mma go play some of yours now.

Edit for new level

This one is very quick and easy: Tingle's Sunday Stroll

6ED6-0000-0052-7F22

It's Bigger on the Inside

D61B-0000-0052-CB73

I think this one is a bit more challenging though still not something I would consider difficult...there are a couple of different ways to get through this one.

yurieliakim

Jan 26, 2015
SmallHatLogan said:

Don't be so hard on yourself, your level was excellent! You did many things right. You chose a theme and kept things simple, but challenging. There's also a difficulty curve and you didn't need tons of enemies to make it hard. Keep it up, seriously.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
yurieliakim said:
So far, no one was able to beat Piranha Puzzle Towers. 0 %. Ninguém. I will drop it here anyway but I don't expect a lot, I'm keeping my expectations low I guess. ID: F77F 0000 0042 7AD1
I DID IT!! That was a really satisfying victory too. Very well done! The Thwomp Tower stumped me though...I'll end up going back to it sooner or later.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
yurieliakim said:
SmallHatLogan said:

Don't be so hard on yourself, your level was excellent! You did many things right. You chose a theme and kept things simple, but challenging. There's also a difficulty curve and you didn't need tons of enemies to make it hard. Keep it up, seriously.
Thank you. I did take a lot of inspiration from this video where the guy analyses a few levels from different Mario games and uses what he learned to make his own level.

yurieliakim

Jan 26, 2015
Maze1125 said:
yurieliakim said:
Not surprised! That was hard! Satisfying when I finally beat it though!
Thanks! It's hard to design those puzzle levels. I have others but I still need a single more star to be able to upload more levels. I made a whole bunch of puzzle like levels based on towers so I like that feel of consistency. Glad you liked it.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
So I got it two days ago, been playing around a little, got 3 rows of items at the moment.
I'll post my first level that I actually put a little effort into making.
Shouldn't be difficult in any way, but a basic little jumpthrough.
Map is called "Floating isles" and ID is 4A5E-0000-0058-9088

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Akumajou Mario: Cacophony of Din

CB8D-0000-0059-8BB4

This one was heavily inspired by Castlevania. There are multiple paths to take, multiple bosses and, secrets to be found. This is my latest stage so please tell me what you think!

Shoggoth2588 said:

9708-0000-004D-6B24

Edit!

Mario Bros. X Prologue. This one is loosely based off of the prologue stage for Mega Man X. I think it's a bit easier than Hop To It! Still, I think it's also a bit more fun.

6B44-0000-004D-DDFE

4F34-0000-0051-240D

This one is a simple maze based off of Metroid Zero's epilogue. You play as Zero Suit Samus trying to find her Varia Suit and her full arsenal. I wanted to put Ridley in the end but he was too big...I'm a bit disappointed to see that only one person has played Hop To It but I've only posted it 12 or so hours ago...more people will play my levels, I'm sure of it! I'mma go play some of yours now.

Edit for new level

6ED6-0000-0052-7F22

D61B-0000-0052-CB73

I think this one is a bit more challenging though still not something I would consider difficult...there are a couple of different ways to get through this one.

FIND THE CHAOS EMERALDS!

8187-0000-005A-A01D

Another simple level, this one based on Sonic the Hedgehog. Good luck finishing this one as mini-Mario.

yurieliakim

Jan 26, 2015
SmallHatLogan said:
yurieliakim said:
SmallHatLogan said:

Thank you. I did take a lot of inspiration from this video where the guy analyses a few levels from different Mario games and uses what he learned to make his own level.

That was a actually a really nice video, couldn't watch before, I was on mobile, but nice in depth analysis

Daft Ada

Sep 9, 2014
yurieliakim said:
Daft Ada said:
A couple I completed last night.

First Base - E667-0000-0037-F4BF
My attempt at a 1-1 type level. Short, with a few challenging bits.

Coral Capers Dx - 206A-0000-0043-2F42
Based on the DKC level, this was tough to fit onto one map because of the lack of vertical space. I had to add an extra section to the end just to get a path to the flag.

The Gauntlet - 1D93-0000-0043-780A
I spent more time on this level than all the others combined. 10 'rooms' each with a puzzle to solve. Took a while to upload because I couldn't get past room 5! Thought about changing the difficulty but I'm generally not great at Mario games so I'm sure veterans will breeze through it. If you play just one of my levels please give this one a try, I'd love some feedback. Also, the first ? block effectively triggers easy mode so up to you if you use it :)

When you unlock warp pipes and doors etc. can you warp to a completely new map? I want to recreate a few more DKC levels so it would be handy to have more than one map to use.

I'm gonna be very honest with you. Aside from First Base your levels are claustrophobic. There is not enough room for mario to move around and there are also too many enemies. That's the main reason why room 5 in the Gauntlet is nearly unbeatable. The Mario Bros theme doesn't help either because there is no wall jump. If Mario needs to go up there should be opportunities for him to do so. Reasonable ones also. Moving platforms, blocks, bullet bills, vines. Room 5 requires a near impossible jump which only becomes more difficult because of the constant koopas that appear. And since your levels are constricted, mario has limited moves, limited space to jump, and the enemies accumulate, the level suffers from it.

My sugestion would be to reupload the level and place a bottomless pit to drain the enemies, make a wider room and maybe place some blocks, could be invisible ones but they have to be there if you require the players to get to higher ground. Actually this whole level could be more puzzle like with a different theme and more tools like the P Switch but I guess you don't have those yet.
Another thing, if you had trouble with the level, that is for a reason. Play your levels and don't be scared to make them easier if they are too hard. Get your friends to play them too, a second opinion is always good.

Also, don't be afraid to delete your levels if people are not starring them enough. I do failed experiments quite a lot but I'm always moving on and making new levels and tweaking old ones too. Sorry if I was too blunt and for dragging this on.
Appreciate the feedback. The Coral Capers DX level is small as a consequence of trying to squeeze a very vertical DKC level into the limited Mario Maker canvas. Once I've unlocked warp pipes I can match the scale and offer much more room. The Gauntlet level is supposed to have tight spaces and tricky jumps, but that one in room 5 is a bit too tricky I guess. I hid an invincibility star in room 4 which makes room 5 a breeze. I'd played each room multiple times to try and balance the difficulty a bit and that was the hardest - although I did it first time in a stream the other night (found a trick with the Lakitu if you time it right). Did you get past room 5 by the way?

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I made a new level, tried something a little easier this time. There is a handful of paths to choose and lots of decoratice windows...
The fall of the house of usher
1BCF-0000-005C-2280

I also made something a lot tougher:
Quest for Spelunky
5588-0000-0045-E38F
So far i'm the only one who's been able to beat it :p.

yurieliakim

Jan 26, 2015
Daft Ada said:
yurieliakim said:
Daft Ada said:
A couple I completed last night.

First Base - E667-0000-0037-F4BF
My attempt at a 1-1 type level. Short, with a few challenging bits.

Coral Capers Dx - 206A-0000-0043-2F42
Based on the DKC level, this was tough to fit onto one map because of the lack of vertical space. I had to add an extra section to the end just to get a path to the flag.

The Gauntlet - 1D93-0000-0043-780A
I spent more time on this level than all the others combined. 10 'rooms' each with a puzzle to solve. Took a while to upload because I couldn't get past room 5! Thought about changing the difficulty but I'm generally not great at Mario games so I'm sure veterans will breeze through it. If you play just one of my levels please give this one a try, I'd love some feedback. Also, the first ? block effectively triggers easy mode so up to you if you use it :)

When you unlock warp pipes and doors etc. can you warp to a completely new map? I want to recreate a few more DKC levels so it would be handy to have more than one map to use.

I'm gonna be very honest with you. Aside from First Base your levels are claustrophobic. There is not enough room for mario to move around and there are also too many enemies. That's the main reason why room 5 in the Gauntlet is nearly unbeatable. The Mario Bros theme doesn't help either because there is no wall jump. If Mario needs to go up there should be opportunities for him to do so. Reasonable ones also. Moving platforms, blocks, bullet bills, vines. Room 5 requires a near impossible jump which only becomes more difficult because of the constant koopas that appear. And since your levels are constricted, mario has limited moves, limited space to jump, and the enemies accumulate, the level suffers from it.

My sugestion would be to reupload the level and place a bottomless pit to drain the enemies, make a wider room and maybe place some blocks, could be invisible ones but they have to be there if you require the players to get to higher ground. Actually this whole level could be more puzzle like with a different theme and more tools like the P Switch but I guess you don't have those yet.
Another thing, if you had trouble with the level, that is for a reason. Play your levels and don't be scared to make them easier if they are too hard. Get your friends to play them too, a second opinion is always good.

Also, don't be afraid to delete your levels if people are not starring them enough. I do failed experiments quite a lot but I'm always moving on and making new levels and tweaking old ones too. Sorry if I was too blunt and for dragging this on.
Appreciate the feedback. The Coral Capers DX level is small as a consequence of trying to squeeze a very vertical DKC level into the limited Mario Maker canvas. Once I've unlocked warp pipes I can match the scale and offer much more room. The Gauntlet level is supposed to have tight spaces and tricky jumps, but that one in room 5 is a bit too tricky I guess. I hid an invincibility star in room 4 which makes room 5 a breeze. I'd played each room multiple times to try and balance the difficulty a bit and that was the hardest - although I did it first time in a stream the other night (found a trick with the Lakitu if you time it right). Did you get past room 5 by the way?
I couldn't, even with the power star. The problem is the jump. Even so, you have to kick two koopa shells to move on to the next part and the lakitu would be already where you are. You are supposed to jump a bit to the right than immediatly turn to the left and get over the ledge I guess but man, that is tricky. Especially with the constant koopa respawn.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
Akumajou Mario: Din of Cacophony

C66C-0000-005F-807F

This one was heavily inspired by Castlevania. There are multiple paths to take, multiple bosses and, secrets to be found. This is my latest stage so please tell me what you think!

Shoggoth2588 said:

9708-0000-004D-6B24

Edit!

6B44-0000-004D-DDFE

4F34-0000-0051-240D

Edit for new level

6ED6-0000-0052-7F22

D61B-0000-0052-CB73

FIND THE CHAOS EMERALDS!

8187-0000-005A-A01D

Another simple level, this one based on Sonic the Hedgehog. Good luck finishing this one as mini-Mario.
A new level! High Rise Inferno.

2664-0000-005F-669C

This is a series of upward climbing segments...I really wish I could just make a vertical level though. Oh well; I also played with the game clock a bit; this is my first map to have a 200 second time-limit. Plenty of time to complete another simple level. This time the hidden path is an easy path, unlike the one for Akumajou Mario: CoD.

yurieliakim

Jan 26, 2015
New level with an unique concept: no jumps allowed. If you jump, you pretty much die in most cases. Most people are going to try and die but don't do it. ID: C349 0000 0063 1E49

pawcanada

Sep 17, 2015
I have two levels I'm proud of, both being spur of the moment creations:

Sky Pirate Attack - 2F18-0000-0042-841B
A Doctor's House Visit - 596D-0000-005D-7436

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I just made a couple of easy levels (Trying to make some levels that works well when played in sequence).
EasyQuest_Level 1
1D1A-0000-0068-1E51
EasyQuesr_Level 2
AC9E-0000-0068-37C8

Lennie Briscoe

Jan 18, 2011
I'll post the courses currently sitting my (limited) upload queue. I generally go for classic-style levels that I would enjoy playing.

Take it Easy - 5FEC 0000 0040 4F04

The first level I made when I received the game. It's pretty easy; a 1-1 style stomp-fest meant to teach new players how Mario works.

Tubular Grotto - DFCB 0000 0042 C776

The titular tubes are the main gimmick. I had also just discovered that they could eject coins instead of enemies. Pretty easy.

These Koopas are Krazy - 644C 0000 0049 0DCC

After having been charmed by the Blooming Goombas sample course, I made one featuring mutated Koopas with Firey Piranha Plants on their shells. The ending is an attempted cathartic moment where the parasites get back at their insidious hosts. Also rather easy, outside a gauntlet of winged-firey piranha-koopas.

Ghost House on the Hill - 2657 0000 0052 8FOF

My attempt at a ghost-house-style level. There is technically a Magikoopa that can render the level unbeatable, which I regret leaving in, but none of my playtesters/friends ever ran into that situation. The winding hallway near the end is perhaps a little more dire than I would have liked.

Nice, Wholesome Dungeon - 6CC4 0000 0062 0052

After my playtesters/friends/jerks all said that I coddled players too much, I made this level in an attempt to up my difficulty tuning. It's still rather easy for experienced players, but there are a few areas where I upped the stakes.

Heaven is Coins - FF35 0000 0066 5D29

After playing the Coinucopia sample course, I knew I just had to make a ridiculously easy level that just inundates the player with coins. There is only one enemy, but he's not so bad if you get to know him.

Trial in the sky - CCBE 0000 006D C64E

My friend's first attempt at a level. It doesn't really follow any of my design tendencies. I tend to ramp difficulty up as the course goes on. This course assaults players with tough situations from the get-go. It is an airship level that rains a veritable bullet-hell of obstacles. It is rather difficult.

Undah Da Sea - EB87 0000 0084 649E

Token underwater level. Focused a bit more on visuals. Maybe to its detriment. Not sure. Water levels are a whole different ballgame since the player can seeming "fly" anywhere they want and I tried to account for that. Stupidly left in a lone P-Switch near the end, where a crazy giant Blooper could potentially prevent you from using it, thus locking you out of the finish. Doesn't seem to common though.

Get Smashed - 373E 0000 0088 856F

My friend's wife's first level. She doesn't play Mario a whole lot. This is very much a typical "I-don't-really-know-how-Mario-works" type course. Take a drink everytime you see something that doesn't make any sense.