Super Mario Maker Speedrunner has Stages Deleted

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
FoolKiller said:
Does anyone know if your level is saved locally as well? Or once you've uploaded the level, it vanishes from the hard drive of the console?
They are primarily saved locally. If you have made a level you're satisfied with you can choose to upload it. If your level isn't played for a while it will be removed from the server, but not from your game.

OT: I can assure you this has happened to everyone who has ever played Super Mario Maker. While it's a shame that good levels will be removed eventually this is to get rid of the levels no-one wants to play. I don't know how his levels looked like, but I am assuming they were hard and kinda unfair meaning you'd have to know what to do in order to complete them I can see why they wouldn't get mainstream popularity. I have seen fairly moderately challenging levels remain uncompleted. Whenever I encounter one of these kinds of levels I skip it. It may look like fun on a Youtube run, but it's dreadful to play.

If you really think Nintendo should maintain server cost for something which appeals to maybe 5% of their audience why shouldn't they also keep all those levels where you just run in a straight line for a minute then beat it. Those also remain unplayed until they get removed. I really think Nintendo should just tell him to stop being an entitled ****. He's popular on Youtube, but not on Super Mario Maker. There's no conspiracy, this is how the game works.