Super Mario Would be Way Easier With a Portal Gun

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
I was going to say Super Meat Boy but there are already "Portal" type levels sadly >.>

Otherwise I don't really know, Portal does itself really well.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Echo136 said:
Wouldnt the floor need to be coated in moon dust?
No. I'm starting to think I'm the only one who noticed the two test chambers built before they had moon dust where Cave specifically mentions making sure you have your portal gun and where portals still worked just fine despite the lack of moon dust.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
OK... Bowser with a dodgy English accent.

XD

Yeah, I think portals would've really done some weird stuff to that game.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I saw this earlier today and I laugh so hard at the end. If Link had it, going through dungeons would be a breeze.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Howabout a multiplayer first person shooter where you can use a portal gun?

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Ekonk said:
emeraldrafael said:
Anything is easier with a portal gun. ANYTHING.
Masturbation?
Certainly makes that long distance relationship work out quite well.

OT: that was wonderful. Newgrounds or somebody needs to work on a portal gun idea just so we can see that work out... That is to say, Portal Gun with Mario, or Link, not a new game about portals.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Ekonk said:
emeraldrafael said:
Anything is easier with a portal gun. ANYTHING.
Masturbation?
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that when I first saw the trailer for Portal, the first thing I thought of was auto-fellatio.

With the instructions the impossible becomes easy!

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Spangles said:
Jeez, this is the 2nd 'game is teh easy with PortalZ' article that is up... are we witnessing the birth of a meme here :(
That's the same reaction I had.
How many more of these "This game would be easier with Portals" features are we going to see?
One joke is funny. The same joke repeated endlessly with slight variations is not.

What is it about Portal games that specifically generates endless obnoxious Portal joke references in the video game community?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
John Funk said:
This, of course, only leads to further speculation - like what would have happened if Cloud had used one giant portal gun to make sure Sephiroth's Meteor spell would just come out the other side of the planet when it hit. Or if M. Bison could be made to fly through the air in an eternal Psycho Crusher attack.
The biggest question with Cloud's gun is where would the other end of the portal be, because unlike normal portal guns, something that large is still going to leave a massive gravitational pull, and be pulled back quite rapidly.

As for M. Bison in the Psycho Crusher, if he's stuck, I'd just shoot him, but that's far too 3D.

M0rp43vs said:
Howabout a multiplayer first person shooter where you can use a portal gun?
I think there's a mod for some Half-Life 2 game with that. I think it's just 1 portal gun per team though.

Vornek

Jan 25, 2011
I have now seen all the dorkly bits original clips...thanks...that was a good...3-4 hours spent.

Also, portals rule.

-V