Super Powers that bugger you up

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
So after watching this week's Zero Punctuation and finding the joke in question very funny, several other possibilities of superpowers that turn on you started popping up in my mind, after which I though "Hey, is it worth making a thread about this to see what kinds of contrived super human powers we can come up with and being at risk of being flamed due to the Yahtzee quoting?" To which my demon on my shoulder answered "HELL YEAH MAN!" since he's the only one that usually answers. The angel on the other shoulder died a long time ago. And it had nothing to do with me backstabbing it. He had a coagulopathy. Completely unrelated.

So, go on ahead, think of any superpower that would fuck you up the ass when using it.

Mine would be being constantly on fire. I can think of several ways that can fuck you up the ass.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I am kind of confused. I think you mean powers that have a draw back? Like on this anime I saw where a guy could stop time but when he did that it also stopped his heart. So he could only do it for like a second at a time.

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
Turning everything you touch into gold

Just about any superpower can fuck you right back. Invincibility win inevitably lead to you going mad after watching everyone around you die on the battlefield. Immortality will lead to you going mad after everyone around you dies. Flight will result in you either flying into power lines, getting sucked into a jet turbine, or you getting shot down accidentally. Laser vision for obvious reason. Same with heat vision.
Just about every Superman power has to potential to backfire.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
It's me, Explosive Diarrhea Man!

Yeah, it's late at night, I'm about to head to work, and I'm making poo jokes. Sue me :p

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Repulsionary said:
Turning everything you touch into gold

Just about any superpower can fuck you right back. Invincibility win inevitably lead to you going mad after watching everyone around you die on the battlefield. Immortality will lead to you going mad after everyone around you dies. Flight will result in you either flying into power lines, getting sucked into a jet turbine, or you getting shot down accidentally. Laser vision for obvious reason. Same with heat vision.
Just about every Superman power has to potential to backfire.
Well yeah flying could be bad, if you had your eyes shut. Just don't go near airports and fly above the buzzing wires.

A really crap power would be machine gun fingers. That'd suck.

Rocksa

Jul 26, 2008
Anything involving time-manipulation. Just because, really, F*#k time travel.

Storm's weather manipulation powers. Yeah, sure, make a tornado to get the fighter jets off of your tail, and ignore the devastating change in weather patterns that you just pulled there.

HE Starwind

May 14, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Possibly a superpower which makes you physically able to fuck your own ass would do that.
You beat me to it...

I think the power to read minds would fuck you up. When you read your mothers mind, to find out she's a dude, and you're adopted. Your real parents are Korean, but were killed in a shooting of Team America.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
The ability to survive with your arm cut off. The only problem is that you can't put it back on.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
Imagine this: Super-junk.
How crappy would it be to have a twelve foot long d*ck and eighty-pound nuts. You would be tripping all over the place and you would get your foreskin stuck in the car door.

chris11246

Jul 29, 2009
Electrical powers, because if you couldn't control them you could kill people just by being near them or fry any electrical device near you.

DJude

Jul 1, 2009
the power to fire high powered lazer beams straight from your brain

think about it...

[EDIT]
MaxTheReaper said:
ace_of_something said:
I am kind of confused. I think you mean powers that have a draw back? Like on this anime I saw where a guy could stop time but when he did that it also stopped his heart. So he could only do it for like a second at a time.
Actually, it only changed other people's perception of time - time itself didn't stop.

...Yes, I know what anime and character you're talking about just from that description.
that was from Code Geass, and Max is right, it didnt actually stop time, just peoples perception of it