Supercomputer Will Manage Nuclear Weapons

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
So this is coming with half life 3 pre-installed, right?

Do you think Obama sneaks down to his nukes some nights and strokes them lovingly, whispering "you puppies are legal and aaaaaalllll mine baby!"
Cos...you know...id probably do the same if i had nukes.

Alhazred

May 10, 2012
Do not, I repeat DO NOT let playful teenage hackers anywhere near this thing.

"The only winning move is not to play,", anyone?

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
Cecilthedarkknight_234 said:
Welp I'm heading off for my custom fallout vault anyone care to join to me?
Well it depends, can you guarantee our vault will be one of the ones from which a hero will one day emerge to single handedly save the world? Because evidence would suggest that a terrible fate awaits the inhabitants of any vaults not required to one day produce a Fallout protagonist.

OT: In reality this story is just seems to be a case of "Government department upgrades IT infrastructure".

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
TallanKhan said:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 said:
Welp I'm heading off for my custom fallout vault anyone care to join to me?
Well it depends, can you guarantee our vault will be one of the ones from which a hero will one day emerge to single handedly save the world? Because evidence would suggest that a terrible fate awaits the inhabitants of any vaults not required to one day produce a Fallout protagonist.

OT: In reality this story is just seems to be a case of "Government department upgrades IT infrastructure".
Yeah, but it is a very impressive upgrade. I mean just look at those numbers.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
youji itami said:
Astalano said:
One supercomputer in charge of ALL the nuclear weapons?

There is no way this could end badly. No sir.

It's not for controlling the weapons it's for measuring there state of decay so that we know if the ones that were manufactured years ago would still work if used 10 years from now.
Which it seems totally overkill for. I'd bet a buck that Los Alamos is going to be using this baby for a lot of stuff beyond what appears in their press releases.