Support the Veterans by Playing Black Ops 2

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
US Veterans... sorry, but you ain't my veterans.

In a world where games are one of the few truly global media, it seems pretty lame that the charity is focused only on the USA and not Europe or other regions Veterans, all of whom have served just as long and just as hard as the US'.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
mjc0961 said:
Well, time to bust this one out again:

What is it about charity that turns so many people into condescending assholes? Yeah Activision could do more. But they're doing something and that means more money to help more veterans. This is a good thing.
Agreed. Yeah, if you want to help the most skip playing CoD, but people shouldn't be screaming at the company for wanting to help someone out. This is specifically targeting those people that were already going to buy the packs and play CoD this weekend anyways. Now they can do that and feel a little smug.

The veterans need all the help they can get, especially since they were going to go protest this weekend in DC but may not be able to because of a stupid trucker 'protest'. Someone wants to help a Vet, I say let'em.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Kalezian said:
freaper said:
I've got a better idea! Let's not have veterans in the first place!

Here's a better idea, lets pass a law that allows people that risked their lives to throat punch people that say stupid things.

OT, so, after profits, I'm guessing Endowment will receive a whole $3.50.......
I'll jump in front of a car because someone tricked me into doing that. Can I have that special privilege too?

OctoberFox

Jul 17, 2013
I feel as if maybe there is some misplaced product placement on something that probably shouldn't have product placement. It seems exploitative, and it seems like it glorifies and simultaneously is a caricaturization of combat.

TiberiusEsuriens said:
mjc0961 said:
Well, time to bust this one out again:

What is it about charity that turns so many people into condescending assholes? Yeah Activision could do more. But they're doing something and that means more money to help more veterans. This is a good thing.
Agreed. Yeah, if you want to help the most skip playing CoD, but people shouldn't be screaming at the company for wanting to help someone out. This is specifically targeting those people that were already going to buy the packs and play CoD this weekend anyways. Now they can do that and feel a little smug.

The veterans need all the help they can get, especially since they were going to go protest this weekend in DC but may not be able to because of a stupid trucker 'protest'. Someone wants to help a Vet, I say let'em.
If I believed helping a vet was their goal I'd feel better about it, but it looks more to me like they're exploiting veterans, commercializing war and war propaganda, and capitalizing on patriotism. I have nothing against good causes, but there's a right way and a wrong way. This looks closer to the wrong way, at least to me.