Surprised by Skyrim's resolution on xbox vs ps3

dandahammer

Partaker of adult beverages
Jun 2, 2009
We got our Skyrim copies in at the walmart I manage and on the back of the box: Ps3 1080i resolution; xbox 1080p resolution. Ps3, I am disappoint. Hoping it's a misprint. I'll be able to tell since I'm borrowing my bro's xbox til my ps3 returns from the repair shop.

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
May as well ask, whats the difference between 1080i and 1080p?

thanks

Edit:
But what about the trailing p and i? They refer to the television?s scan modes, but the good news is that you don?t really need to pay attention to that. If you?re curious, they refer to progressive scan and interlaced and refer to the way the screen is drawn, but virtually all modern HDTVs are progressive scan.

found this ^

Seems like the i-p difference isnt a big deal

bioresestance

Jun 18, 2010
the difference between 1080p and 1080i is so small that most people cant tell the difference, so i wouldn't too much about it.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Dendio said:
May as well ask, whats the difference between 1080i and 1080p?

thanks
1080i means it's interlaced, which most typical television sets (LCD and plasma screen) can't natively display. They need to de-interlace it and often re-scale the image, which most of the time means the resolution isn't actually 1080 pixels. I don't see the issue either way, though, because merely up-scaling resolution does not high-definition make.

FreebirdLegend

Feb 3, 2011
I believe 1080i is interlays or something like that. 1080p is pixels. At least that is what i remember being told (if my memory serves me well.)