Surprisingly nice momments in videogames

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Have you ever been in the middle of a gamming session and noticed something in the game that made you feel nice. Maybe an obscure refrence that reminds you of a thing you really liked but kinda forgot about or maybe a bit of dialog that really spoke to you.

For me it was in rouge legacy when you could play as a short sighted character, being short sighted myself it felt nice playing a character with the same defect.

So what nice moments have you found in a game which other players may have just glanced past?

Randoman01

Apr 19, 2013
In the game Freelancer while flying by one of the planets that I was traveling to really made me amazed about the beauties of the planet.

communist gamer

Jul 9, 2014
Deus ex HR. After the 3rd Boss, when you go into the white room, you have a gramophone ther. It has 1 recording in it. It's the bloody menu-music from deus ex! Nostaligiad the hell out of me. A second one is deekin in NWN 2, i just love that cher. And NWN was one of my first RPGs ever

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
Short sided? Is that a cute way of saying you have dwarfism or are you talking about your vision a.k.a. sight?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Neta said:
Short sided? Is that a cute way of saying you have dwarfism or are you talking about your vision a.k.a. sight?
yea I am dyslexic, I meant sighted. I will go edit that now.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
In Dishonored, looking up.

The architecture in that gaem makes me all gooey.

I'm also quite enjoying my 10 days annual shakedown in Prison Architect.

EMPTY YOUR POCKETS, BOYS.

Neta

Aug 22, 2013
nuba km said:
Neta said:
It's cool. It'd be neat to have a character with dwarfism that wasn't from a fictional race of beings.

Sylph_14

Jul 13, 2014
Basically any time where there's a break in the action to look around and take in some nice scenery. I've spent hours in Dishonored climbing up ledges and viewpoints, trying to see if there was a spot where I could get a better view of the landscape, and it was always very rewarding :)

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Truth be told, I've only been impressed by a game once, and it was in a game that you would not expect. In Wii Sports Resort, my favorite game to play was the Biplane game. Now, I was not a kid when this game came out, so I am not easily impressed, but when I started it up, I was just amazed at how peaceful this game was. I had the time of my life just flying around, exploring the island, with nothing in my way. No enemies, no NPCs trying to talk, and I just thought that the whole island was beautiful.

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
The final level of Dust An Elysian Tail. All of it. I'm fond of lava levels and the final battle (while easy) was fucking was awesome. Bringing the boss's health down each section and throwing him through walls.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
My favourite part of World of Warcraft was always just wandering the masterful environments more than anything else. Looking at the lush cartoony visuals while listening to some of the gorgeous game music, it never failed to help me just chill out.

Sadly I've yet to have found a game since I stopped playing that's really replicated the experience. Ah well.

Also, bearing absolutely no relation to the above, but one thing I really liked about Saints Row 3 and 4 was how despite all the stupidity and corny crass humour, there was a surprising amount of sincerity to the characters and just a warm-heartedness that sometimes bubbled to the surface. It made me smile and be all 'aww, that's nice' between bouts of murdering and childish humour.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
In Red Dead Redemption the part where your farm is up and running and you can go hunting and herding with your kid was really nice for me. It wasn't very exciting but it added a lot. Made what happened later all the more gut wrenching.

VyseRogueKing

Oct 27, 2011
Neta said:
nuba km said:
Neta said:
It's cool. It'd be neat to have a character with dwarfism that wasn't from a fictional race of beings.
Yeah... Rogue Legacy has that as well. XP

Back when I first played Skies of Arcadia, finding the Iron Star. It gave the world so much more depth and history in a small little exploration side-quest way before even the main story touches upon it. It blew my little kid mind away.

While no one knows exactly what it is in universe besides a quickly flying hunk of strange metal. It's obvious that it's a satellite from a bygone era. As it turns the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world!

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
A few years back I was listening to some VNV Nation while grinding in WoW. Beloved came on and I was in Northrend, and it was probably the most peaceful and beautiful sessions of gaming I had ever had. The mixture of it all, and it's probably why I still play WoW, I'm just searching for that moment again.

Also, just playing Spyro 2 in general. It was my first game, I got it when I was 5, so the nostalgia is strong with this one.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I played a bit of Resistance 3 recently, and early on you find an optional note from a kid who wrote to Santa Claus. It was really touching to see that in this world taken over by hellish aliens there's still kids who believe in Santa.