Surprisingly Useless Characters

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Alakaizer said:
So I'm replaying Chrono Trigger for the umpteen quingigillionth time, trying to maximize characters other than Crono, Robo, and Ayla, and I've realized that Magus is surprisingly useless. He's a one-trick pony. He blasts magic, and that's it. Luminaire is better than Dark Matter, and Lucca's Flare seems equivalent. Robo's Shock may be equivalent, but doesn't need to be, since Robo can heal and do decent damage to a single opponent. Then there's the fact that he was far more badass long before joining your crew.

So, the question is, what other characters were supposed to be awesome, but were, in truth, the weakest character in the game?
Well, if I may say something in the defense of Magus... First, I rather like the scythe-wielding badass, and second...he's a magus. His title describes his strength, which is magic. Let's be honest here. That's what hurt the most when you FIGHT him, so it ought to be what works when dishing it out. Plus...he's the optional extra character. Optional extras are only a deficit to the party if YOU think so. I didn't, that's all.

OT: Hmmm... Let's go with Final Fantasy. Everyone in Final Fantasy 8. Trainer classes, Bard classes, Cecil's change into a paladin, Relm, Rikku, Hope...

Ophi

Jun 28, 2009
Roy from Fire Emblem 6.

"Oh, he's the main character! He's weak now, but he'll get better later on, right?"

19 levels, a promotion, and 10 more levels later.

NOPE

Waste of oxygen, I swear.